Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is true, Puss N Boom's Audio has two competitors already: APureSound and JenaLabs. I better get cracking. Anyone want me to recable your R10s? The cat has already practiced his skills on ibuds so he's experienced by now.

Do you do K1000 too?

That's my Uncle.

I'm glad you're kidding because I stand by it. They are a bunch of lying, incompetent turds who couldn't fab their way out of a wet paper bag. The pictures I have here and here make what JL did to that R10 look like quality work. Gotta love shipping it almost a month late, not fitting with a horrible mounting system, screwed up angles... hell not even symmetrical from one side to the other, then promising to reimburse me to fix it locally because shipping it back was cost prohibitive, only to stop returning calls and emails and me be out upwards of $400, 8 hours of my time, Nate's time and his dad's time, and to be so pissed off about it that I ended up dumping the Jeep after finally getting it squared away. I even keep my montypics photo hosting account up so those threads still have the pictures they deserve! Though I do have to admit... In the end it did look pretty good.

No, I really don't know. Didn't mean to be mean, it's more a reflection of my ignorance and/or lack of reading comprehension if you've mentioned it already.

If it's any consolation, the end pic did look pretty sweet.

No, it's a Grand Cherokee. The Compass is based an the Neon platform and as such, is an affront to all Jeeps that came before it.

The Compass is based an the Neon platform and as such, is an affront to all Jeeps that came before it.
Really? Yeezh. I never knew that before. I liked the look of the thing up until now; always hated the Neon, though, what a piece of underpowered crap.

So: I apologize for the affront. Consider it retracted and then some.

I'm glad you're kidding because I stand by it. They are a bunch of lying, incompetent turds who couldn't fab their way out of a wet paper bag. The pictures I have here and here make what JL did to that R10 look like quality work. Gotta love shipping it almost a month late, not fitting with a horrible mounting system, screwed up angles... hell not even symmetrical from one side to the other, then promising to reimburse me to fix it locally because shipping it back was cost prohibitive, only to stop returning calls and emails and me be out upwards of $400, 8 hours of my time, Nate's time and his dad's time, and to be so pissed off about it that I ended up dumping the Jeep after finally getting it squared away. I even keep my montypics photo hosting account up so those threads still have the pictures they deserve! Though I do have to admit... In the end it did look pretty good.

Wow! No kidding, that final pic is something to be proud of after the craptastic job that the first pics show. You guys did a great job repairing it!

Here's a pm I just got from morph201 on HF: I would appreciate it if you went back to head-case instead of trolling here. What's the matter? Head-Case forum is too boring for you now?
Is there a "report-to-moderator" link in PM?

On second thought, he sounds dumb enough, you can take him. A simple, "feeling threatened?" might suffice.

Here's a pm I just got from morph201 on HF: I would appreciate it if you went back to head-case instead of trolling here. What's the matter? Head-Case forum is too boring for you now?

Am I slow here, or is Morph201 + alchohol = DogFish? I mean DogShit... Seems to be striking similarities between arguments, intelligence level and maturity.

I was just about to post that I believe morph201 to be DogFish. Morph used the Dogfish Head Brewery logo as his avatar after all, and his fucking smarmy profile had DogShit smeared all over it.

And his yahoo messenger is "d_stewar" so can a mod check to see if that is anything like his email or whatever he had in his account when a member here?

I tried reading the thread over on HF, but I couldn't do it (it had expanded to 16 pages - it was in single-digit pages when I stopped reading it sometime yesterday).

I take it morph201 hasn't answered why he's been posting e-mail from Jena Labs, or for that matter, why he has such e-mail from them?

I tried reading the thread over on HF, but I couldn't do it (it had expanded to 16 pages - it was in single-digit pages when I stopped reading it sometime yesterday).

I take it morph201 hasn't answered why he's been posting e-mail from Jena Labs, or for that matter, why he has such e-mail from them?

Nope. Just trolling away with shitty non-answers