Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

OK, I see your point. I was just trying to think about the human side of all this, people possibly losing their jobs, etc., but like you said, they should be accountable of their decisions. What's sad is that could have sorted out the problem by not being confrontational with the customer and refunding his money straight away.

i don't want to see anyone lose their jobs, seriously. yet if their customer service sucks, work is shoddy and their cables and/or products are just high price tags sold with smoke, mirrors and good marketing, consumers should help other consumers by letting them know the truth. yeah doing the right thing--priceless at this point, an apology (free) and a full refund for the fuck-up.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you have a cockblocker, already...

"

****Alert to moderators!!!

This is the beginning of a troll thread, that started on head-fi of all places. All of the information is unfounded, and is part of a viral marketing scam! Beware! "

That was fast.. "head-fi of all places"? WTF? Why do I get the feeling I know who posted that :kitty:

Guest sacd lover

"

****Alert to moderators!!!

This is the beginning of a troll thread, that started on head-fi of all places. All of the information is unfounded, and is part of a viral marketing scam! Beware! "

That was fast.. "head-fi of all places"? WTF? Why do I get the feeling I know who posted that :kitty:

Way to jump on :stick: Mr. [email protected] .... and I bet you are right about who mcnasty happens to be.

Guest sacd lover

Posted by Asrale (A) on April 25, 2008 at 21:37:31

In Reply to: RE: Disaster:Jena Labs Sony R10 Headphone recable posted by [email protected] on April 25, 2008 at 20:48:56

Considering you just joined today and the thread starter joined in March, if I were to call anyone a troll, it'd be you. The signature of most trolls is to register to do a hit-and-run post.

That said, I've already seen this as I frequent apuresound.com, where the pics were initially posted. I can't believe the crap that JenaLabs spewed to a customer who just wanted a re-cable job done correctly. Whoever did all that garbage is incompetent, plain and simple. Clearly didn't know what he/she was doing. I know of two other vendors who wouldn't touch a re-cable of the Sony R10 for the reason that they know that working inside the drivers is hazardous. That's the worst attempt at a re-cable I've ever seen.

I was already wary of JenaLabs before I ever ventured into aftermarket cables in general and the more I learned about them and cables in general the more I realized how full of crap they are. Sure, not all high-end cables are necessarily snake-oil. I've researched some of the multi-thousand cables and while some of them are vastly overpriced, some of them also have legitimate reasons for the price (extensive R&D, or specific materials, etc). There is no legitimate reason for the sticker shock of JenaLabs cables, and $1.5K on an R10 cable is practically robbery. The JenaLabs wire is also ass-ugly IMO - those braids practically look like mini-carpet runs.

Guest sacd lover

Thank you real morph! ;D

Make that the real smart Morph.

If Morph201's intelect could be turned into gasoline there wouldn't be enough to power a piss ants motorcycle around the inside of a cheerio.

Guest sacd lover

Make that the real smart Morph.

If Morph201's intellect could be turned into gasoline there wouldn't be enough to power a piss ants motorcycle around the inside of a cheerio.

Guest sacd lover

Across Head-Fi and Audio Asylum, Morph201 *STILL* hasn't answered the simple direct question of his relation to Jena Labs. What a piece of work :mikey2:

mcnasty said he was not morph201 in direct response to my question .... of course, I still think he probably is the fake morph. if not, someone from JL.

Wonder when the real JL going to respond!

I'm wondering the same thing to Purk. I'm sure lots of people would ask them why did they give Morph201 that information on their side of the story. Not sure what they can really say though since their reputation is meaning dragged in the mud. Damage control opportunities have long past..

mcnasty said he was not morph201 in direct response to my question .... of course, I still think he probably is the fake morph. if not, someone from JL.

morph201 certainly has lied on HF. mcnasty's first response about viral marketing on audiogon was a lie. I'd bet a lot of money that they are the same person. Certainly neither has any credibility.

Guest sacd lover

morph201 certainly has lied on HF. mcnasty's first response about viral marketing on audiogon was a lie. I'd bet a lot of money that they are the same person. Certainly neither has any credibility.

Go over and post that. :prettyprincess:

Go over and post that. :prettyprincess:

Do you mean AA or HF? If HF, I'll wait until he denies it. I don't have an active account on AA and don't want to create one to post this. My credibility will be lacking too.

BTW, mcnasty's last post about he's "analyzed this to death" shows to me that he's morph201. In the words of that great American Bugs Bunny, "what a maroon"!

Guest sacd lover

Do you mean AA or HF? If HF, I'll wait until he denies it. I don't have an active account on AA and don't want to create one to post this. My credibility will be lacking too.

BTW, mcnasty's last post about he's "analyzed this to death" shows to me that he's morph201. In the words of that great American Bugs Bunny, "what a maroon"!

He is currently deleting posts right and left on AA saying he is turning JL's defense back to them. ???

Guest sacd lover

I can't believe that he actually works for them or they approved his actions. His "defense" had the effect as pouring gasoline on a fire. He bad a really bad situation much worse, and that was hard to do. :doghuh:

But, how did he get their response in the first place. Why would you send such an email to a stranger? They certainly could have stated he was not acting in their behalf.

But, how did he get their response in the first place. Why would you send such an email to a stranger? They certainly could have stated he was not acting in their behalf.

He's probably friends with them or maybe even related. He did a worse job of defense than they did on the recable. morph201 was just a side show anyway. It doesn't change the basic issues one iota.

Guest sacd lover

He's probably friends with them or maybe even related. He did a worse job of defense than they did on the recable. morph201 was just a side show anyway. It doesn't change the basic issues one iota.

God help, whomever, if this guy is a lawyer. They could get 30 years for shoplifting a cd if he defended them.