Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sacd lover

Dogfish says his IQ is "well over 170" on AA. It's much more likely that his age is well under 20. ;D

Since he is reading the posts over here .... say hi to your cats for me. ;D

Guest sacd lover

Well now mcnasty is Steve Hoffman. It would take some real big ones to lie about that. I am not sure why he chose to defend JL. But, I invited him over.

Dogfish says his IQ is "well over 170" on AA. It's much more likely that his age is well under 20. ;D

I'm pretty sure his profile on HF used to have his birth year as 1970, but I could just be imagining that.

As for having high IQ, it doesn't mean jack shit if one can't use it well. Time to go to Steve Hoffman to checkout the train wreck.

Guest sacd lover

Linky? I did a quick look-around and some searching, but couldn't find anything.

Posted by [email protected] (A) on April 26, 2008 at 00:30:49

In Reply to: RE: Disaster:Jena Labs Sony R10 Headphone recable posted by [email protected] on April 25, 2008 at 18:55:48

I guess in that case I morphed into Morph? I'm also on stevehoffman.tv, audiogon, audio karma, etc.. Speaking of Karma, it would be prudent to keep this from becoming a personal vendetta. The issue is very well understood, I don't see the benefit in launching a campaign, especially when BoilinFrog(?) wanted to keep it from escalating. Not sure why he's no longer carrying the torch.

I'm pretty sure his profile on HF used to have his birth year as 1970, but I could just be imagining that.

As for having high IQ, it doesn't mean jack shit if one can't use it well. Time to go to Steve Hoffman to checkout the train wreck.

Considering his lack of honesty in the other R10 repair threads, what would it matter what he put in his profile. If he'll claim an IQ of 170, he's also likely to claim any age that suits him.

Posted by [email protected] (A) on April 26, 2008 at 00:30:49

In Reply to: RE: Disaster:Jena Labs Sony R10 Headphone recable posted by [email protected] on April 25, 2008 at 18:55:48

I guess in that case I morphed into Morph? I'm also on stevehoffman.tv, audiogon, audio karma, etc.. Speaking of Karma, it would be prudent to keep this from becoming a personal vendetta. The issue is very well understood, I don't see the benefit in launching a campaign, especially when BoilinFrog(?) wanted to keep it from escalating. Not sure why he's no longer carrying the torch.

I don't get how that says he's Steve Hoffman? All I get from it is that he frequents those forums he listed.

Considering his lack of honesty in the other R10 repair threads, what would it matter what he put in his profile. If he'll claim an IQ of 170, he's also likely to claim any age that suits him.

Think I've found our 170 IQ genius:

http://www.aetv.com/minisite/epiajx.jsp?type=episode&episode=261495

From Season 4 Intervention: http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_episode_guide.jsp

An IQ that high is soooooo rare, it couldn't be coincidence, right? ::);D

Guest sacd lover

I don't get how that says he's Steve Hoffman? All I get from it is that he frequents those forums he listed.

it was 3:00 am when I was reading so it looks like I just misread the statement. If, so I think he is Morph again like I did to begin with. Maybe he will enroll and set us straight .... unless it is you know who and he is banned.

That dmcnasty douchebag on AA is so clearly morph201.

He says: "I alluded to the fact that they need to respond. Look,I don't have an issue with admitting that I "may" have intrepreted the data wrong. But, this has been going on for far too long for them to still be silent. Maybe they think this will all blow over... either way, it's not looking good."

Who else in the entire head-fi thread could possibly be labeled as the one that "may have interpreted the data wrong"?

Then, in response to "God help, whomever, if this guy is a lawyer. They could get 30 years for shoplifting a cd if he defended them.", he states:

"That's funny, but HIGHLY inaccurate.. I never defended anyone, just played devil's advocate for my own sick fun, I have nothing to lose nor gain in this. My IQ is well above 170, so DONT underestimate me, 5687 tubeboi.. ;) "

Once again, who else in the thread played devil's advocate?

This guy is such a fucking moron. Who does he think he is fooling here? Well above 170 IQ!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i believe him. i'm sure that his Insufficiency Quotient is well above 170.

I like the concept but I think Inadequacy Quotient is more accurate in his case, and it is off the charts. He is constantly compensating for his many, many inadequacies and looking for negative attention just reinforces them so it is quite a vicious little circle jerk. How's that for some pop psychology babble? :-\

You are all wrong.

The man is a genius.

His client asked him to destroy JenaLab's reputation.

His approach is way more successful than any direct attack could ever be.

Admirable .......

Possibly, but I doubt it. JenaLabs was never going to get rich recabling R10s. The market is too small. I doubt that much of their sales comes from HF members and the thread on AA has all but died, so I doubt that JL's sales will actually be that affected all that much. This will blow over all too soon. I'm guessing that's why JL never bothered to respond. However, I doubt that they will get the chance to recable any more R10s.

Alright I give up! You want to know the truth? Fine..

Yes, one of our employees (name withheld) screwed up Scott's R10's.

Yes, he (employee) tried to cover it up.

Yes, said employee has been fired.

Yes, we offer to pay Scott $1000. (which he never took)

Of course I'm going to stand behind one of my, former, employees if it means attempting to keep our reputation. But ****, you caught us. Boo hoo, cry my a river. But to be honest, I don't really care about this issue, because your headphone club is quite frankly, not our top priority. Our main business lies else where in high end cables for speakers, and other companies, using our in home cryo treated copper wire. Your toy headphones were just a cheap side job. Watch this whole thing blow over, and your little headphone community isn't going to hurt our business because you aren't our main target, and you don't mean **** to us. Know one (those who matter), will never know.

-Jennifer

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4142681-post380.html