Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.jenalabs.com/headphones/sony-r-10-sw-response.html

We have an "explanation" by Jena Labs... which is just the email they sent Morph201, the one he posted, the one everyone tore apart. Anyone who can't figure out what really went on deserves to have Jena Labs destroy enhance their headphones.

Gotta give her props... she writes well :rofl: It is a crock...

There's no way that that post is from Jennifer. If it is...

:kitty:

It certainly could be a fraud, but I'm not as convinced as you. This is quite inline with the type of personality she has shown thus far.

Zip ]If it really is her all I can say is good luck.

-Alex-

If it is her she's going to find out just how much influence our little community, pardon me "headphone club" really carries.

Now where did I put that Stereophile phone number?

It certainly could be a fraud, but I'm not as convinced as you. This is quite inline with the type of personality she has shown thus far.

If it is her she's going to find out just how much influence our little community, pardon me "headphone club" really carries.

Now where did I put that Stereophile phone number?

I don't think Streophile will do a thing about it. I'm sure JL is paying several thousands a month to advertise with them.

It will be interesting to see what ALO decides to do if anything, if this indeed is discovered to be Jennifer's reply. I can't feel but that he'd catch a lot more flack for doing business with this company, as he is definitely a member of our "headphone club".

Either way she's done him a great disservice, and that's a shame. I'm not crazy about his cables, but he in no way has done anything to deserve being thrown under the bus like this.

Nice job on the quoting milkpowder, since the Jennifer Crock post has been edited. And I was hoping a cat fight was about to break out :sadcat:

It has been deleted now...

I would agree that the tone and writing style is pretty consistent between the Jennifer Crock post and the Jena Labs website post. One difference in the "Crock" post was the use of JENA LABS in all caps below, as compared to JENA Labs everywhere else (their website, etc. when they don't go by the LLC company name). Speaking of which, given their return policy and attitude that "even if we did it, it's not out fault", it is interesting that the actual company name is Jena Technologies, LLC. As in Limited Liability Company... as in EXTREMELY Limited... :rofl:

Curiouser and curiouser. Even their idiotic webpage is beyond belief, but that Jennifer Crock post is so amazing that if it is her I am in awe. Given that it was edited rather deleted I imagine it is possible that she did it in a fit, even though it is odd that the JENA Labs poster did not do it.

I love it! :prettyprincess:

Your headphone club doesn't mean shit to me, yet you'll somehow managed to piss me off so bad that I felt the need to respond in this manner.

I really hope it does turn out to be the Crock of shit so this silly bitch can finally get what's coming to her.

Re the "Jennifer Crock" post, there's that comment that they tried to offer Scott $1000 and he refused. I suppose he could confirm that or not. I, too, thought the language was similar, but still have a hard time believing it isn't a fake.

I was hanging out in Tampa with a group of friends all weekend that could care less about headphones, but were actually following that thread for entertainment. I'd opened it only to show them the pictures of my cat, since I had none with me, and they started reading all of it, and kept going back to see what happened next. Btw, five of them own very successful businesses and were appalled at JenaLab's behavior.

Morph201 and his new buddy Riboge have formed an alliance of ignorance. :stick:

I suspect that their IQs added together don't come to 170. ;) I've put Dogfish McNasty in my ignore list there and life is a little better. Riboge has the same problem as Dogfish, lots of noise but no signal.

Riboge had this weird little post that went ignored in the middle of that thread:

I had mine recabled to go balanced, which did improve them abit. Some people DO know how to recable R10, though all are leary of the expensive risk and most won't hazard it. This is part of why the price is higher than for other recables.

Mikhail did it. He did not leave short wires that he soldered the new cable to. He was able to remove the driver in my case, so did it in the best way. He tells me he always tries do this first, but if he can't safely remove the driver he resorts to leaving the shortest possible wire to solder to. Clearly reports that he alway cuts and solders are inaccurate and typical of the unfounded assertions and opinions rampant in this thread from all sides.

Maybe he believes Mikhail did the damage.

I suspect that their IQs added together don't come to 170. ;) I've put Dogfish McNasty in my ignore list there and life is a little better. Riboge has the same problem as Dogfish, lots of noise but no signal.

Hmmm.. McNasty.. interesting name. I think it's an allusion to Horace Silver's Filthy McNasty, a man of rather dubious character.

So what's the latest on this saga?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4143527-post418.html

More idiocy from JL. They really cannot help themselves, but they claim the Jennifer Crock poster is a farce.

Maybe he/she/it is a farce, but there really isn't that much that much differences in the attitude displayed by Jena Labs and "fake Jennifer". That representative seems just as stuck up as fake Jennifer.

Even if JL is in the right here, which I find highly unlikely, they have not only done themselves a grave disservice in their defense, but have demonstrated themselves to be a company I can not in good conscience ever do business with either directly or indirectly. As far as I am concerned whether it be here or elsewhere, I will suggest to anyone that might consider their products and/or service to avoid them at all costs--and urge others at minimum to inform the unwitting about this fiasco. JL can point their fingers and keep that measly thousand dollars, may it serve them well.