Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

Even if JL is in the right here, which I find highly unlikely, they have not only done themselves a grave disservice in their defense, but have demonstrated themselves to be a company I can not in good conscience ever do business with either directly or indirectly. As far as I am concerned whether it be here or elsewhere, I will suggest to anyone that might consider their products and/or service to avoid them at all costs--and urge others at minimum to inform the unwitting about this fiasco. JL can point their fingers and keep that measly thousand dollars, may it serve them well.

Bingo - I cannot see how any consumer can purchase any JL product in good conscience or if you value your dollar. While I feel the evidence is quite clear, I can see how others may think simply due to the fact that the R10's were previously modded (even though it is clear the drivers were never touched nor the enclosures opened up which is confirmed by jenalabs) JL is going to use that fact as there only "out" and the one thing they are using to take NO accountability for what has occured. Not someone you should do business with.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can retrieve their now-deleted response page from my cache on my computer at home... I'll try it tonight. I have copies of everything else, including the mushrooming thread.

This is intriguing, telling, and utterly consistent with how they have handled themselves throughout this whole debacle.

If I gave it a theme it would be, they know not what they do. It's clear to me now that they do not think before they act, speak or write--they're impulsive and in a perpetual self-serving bias mode.

Vaporizing all mention of the R10s from their website evinces a seemingly desperate attempt to make it appear as if they never worked on R10s and this pitiful situation never happened. This looks so freaking shady and it's not as if no one has those pages off JL's website saved. This is one class-act of a company and reaffirms my position that they should be avoided at all cost.

They added a few things if you have a look they wrote Scott's name all over the site again along with at the very bottom they added:

"For the sake of reference to products modified by JENA Labs Or JENA Technologies, It would be wise to read Our Return Policy."

Compare to what I saved before I ever added anything to my site: http://apuresound.com/r10r/jlr10

Yea good move Jena Labs.... Just getting smarter and smarter... ::)

I'm not going to post this on head-fi, as even I am not that cruel, but here's another pm I just got. I almost didn't post it here, because it's actually kind of sad and freaky, but decided to only because he thinks he can first bully me in private, then kiss and make up in private. Since I don't understand his reasoning to pm me at all, and considering the title of this last one, "A Tough Nut to Crack...I Like That," disturbs me (I don't want to be cracked), I want everything in public, at least someplace.

Vicki,

I thought it would be better to say this offline. I apologize for the...err..bad humour (i.e. samich ...etc..). You accuse me of 'lack of judgement', but I see myself as a maverick, a visionary, but that's neither here nor there.

Look, can we sort of start over? I think you and I have a lot more in common than we think. Well, don't rush to an answer; meditate on it and get back to me.

-******* I'm deleting his real name

I didn't respond to either pm he's sent. I don't like to put people on ignore, but since I know he reads this thread, please don't send me another.

i think he's in love with you, Vicki.

Figures. The last person who claimed to be in love with me was a 24-year-old Hasidic woman who believes she is a man trapped in a woman's body. I attract the winners.

Funny, I think of him as a muckraker and an ass clown.

250146halloweencat.jpg

Yay, Al!!!! Don't you have a lawyering job to do? Got nothing but time to find the best pics on the Internet? That one looks a bit like Ivan, Puss N Boom's Audio's Chief Tech. I knew he was up to no good while I was in Tampa this weekend. Never trust a dyed cat...but could be good for business, since trustworthlessness is our foundation.