Sony MDR-R10 Repair - Back From The Dead

APureSound

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sacd lover

I'm not going to post this on head-fi, as even I am not that cruel, but here's another pm I just got. I almost didn't post it here, because it's actually kind of sad and freaky, but decided to only because he thinks he can first bully me in private, then kiss and make up in private. Since I don't understand his reasoning to pm me at all, and considering the title of this last one, "A Tough Nut to Crack...I Like That," disturbs me (I don't want to be cracked), I want everything in public, at least someplace.

I didn't respond to either pm he's sent. I don't like to put people on ignore, but since I know he reads this thread, please don't send me another.

You need to send this to a mod and have the jerk banned. He has serious issues .... and working where you do I am sure you recognize that fact. Especially after this last creepy post where he referanced you.

Riboge is an idiot. Seeing Morph call him out in this thread was yet another bizarre turn I must admit I fully enjoyed. But, my IQ has dropped 10 points just reading their nonsense.

Originally Posted by Riboge

You boggle the mind with basic incomprehension underlying impressive but irrelevant justifications. I made no defense of him whom I called stupid and of whom I said he showed bad judgment, etc. I was commenting on the likes of you straight out for your over-board indignation and substitution of fascination for your own inner machinations and suppositions for sufficient facts to reach such firm conclusions. I see how he did all that you describe and how aggravating it was. What I don't see is how that justifies your actions or conclusions about anything. His asking for it does not justify or excuse your perpetrating it on him and, worse, enjoying it so much. You must have heard that two wrongs don't make a right very early in your life. That and the golden rule are as simple and fundamental as it gets. No amount of brilliant diatribing overrules either of these.

You don't like how JL Labs behaved, by all indications to this point, in the face of their customer's complaints and others' subsequent criticisms. I don't either. Nonetheless, that will never rightfully serve to resolve the underlying issue of who did what to a pair of R10s and who should pay or do what as a result. That is at best grey to all so far not matter how desperately many want to establish black or white. Many want to declare they have sufficient reasons not to deal with JL in the future. You don't but also don't need to. You're free to do what you choose. You don't need to convince everyone else to support you in it or to defame anyone as a premise for it.

Ok, Riboge. I have tolerated you enough. Just because my level of "play" is beyond your comprehension, no need for name calling. I mean, I didn't call you a talking\writing baboon, due to your lack of undestanding now did I? Well, now I did, but only because it was necessary at this juncture.

No need to continue arguing with Boomana, it will be futile. Her hostility towards me is built up of something different that this ... audio gear talk... isn't that right Vicki? I digress...

Anyway, there's no need to justify yourself. The stick is broken, my friend.. let it go.

Zip ]

They added a few things if you have a look they wrote Scott's name all over the site again along with at the very bottom they added:

"For the sake of reference to products modified by JENA Labs Or JENA Technologies, It would be wise to read Our Return Policy."

Compare to what I saved before I ever added anything to my site: http://apuresound.com/r10r/jlr10

Yea good move Jena Labs.... Just getting smarter and smarter... ::)

I sense of new line of cables from HC DIY'ers! :prettyprincess:

You need to send this to a mod and have the jerk banned. He has serious issues .... and working where you do I am sure you recognize that fact. Especially after this last creepy post where he referanced you.

Riboge is an idiot. Seeing Morph call him out in this thread was yet another bizarre turn I must admit I fully enjoyed. But, my IQ has dropped 10 points just reading their nonsense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge

You boggle the mind with basic incomprehension underlying impressive but irrelevant justifications. I made no defense of him whom I called stupid and of whom I said he showed bad judgment, etc. I was commenting on the likes of you straight out for your over-board indignation and substitution of fascination for your own inner machinations and suppositions for sufficient facts to reach such firm conclusions. I see how he did all that you describe and how aggravating it was. What I don't see is how that justifies your actions or conclusions about anything. His asking for it does not justify or excuse your perpetrating it on him and, worse, enjoying it so much. You must have heard that two wrongs don't make a right very early in your life. That and the golden rule are as simple and fundamental as it gets. No amount of brilliant diatribing overrules either of these.

You don't like how JL Labs behaved, by all indications to this point, in the face of their customer's complaints and others' subsequent criticisms. I don't either. Nonetheless, that will never rightfully serve to resolve the underlying issue of who did what to a pair of R10s and who should pay or do what as a result. That is at best grey to all so far not matter how desperately many want to establish black or white. Many want to declare they have sufficient reasons not to deal with JL in the future. You don't but also don't need to. You're free to do what you choose. You don't need to convince everyone else to support you in it or to defame anyone as a premise for it.

Ok, Riboge. I have tolerated you enough. Just because my level of "play" is beyond your comprehension, no need for name calling. I mean, I didn't call you a talking\writing baboon, due to your lack of undestanding now did I? Well, now I did, but only because it was necessary at this juncture.

No need to continue arguing with Boomana, it will be futile. Her hostility towards me is built up of something different that this ... audio gear talk... isn't that right Vicki? I digress...

Anyway, there's no need to justify yourself. The stick is broken, my friend.. let it go.

I would conjecture that with the high IQ and unchannled mental agility, he's under the influence of medication that probably doesnt interact too well with the alcohol, at best he's harmless; annoying, but harmless. And fun to watch spiral down! :D

What the hell?

OMG, JenaLabs replied again at HF and the BS is getting deeper. Now they blame Mikhail for pushing and pulling on wires, thereby damaging the voice coil. He told me that he does not even attempt to remove the R10 drivers when they have been glued in a certain way, which he says is not done on all pairs. He has had about 60 through his shop.

He learned the hard way about the gluing issue with one of his own pairs. He messed it up bad.

Seems like JL just doesn't want to admit they messed up. Weak

I will go ahead and say here that Mikhail may have been the one who damaged the ear pads or even the urethane ring inside (I guess we will never know). This pair had the drivers glued in that there is NO WAY to damage the voice coil wires without removing the drivers. If those drivers were not removed by Mikhail which I am guessing they weren't since he simply spliced into the stock cable instead (logic wouldn't let him splice the cable if the drivers were already removed and easily accessible.. I am not going to point fingers as I have already made my judgment based on my experience with the R10 headphone and having worked with this pair. Regardless of who did what when or even where Jena Labs said they tried to repair them and to assume they fixed it is just wrong. There were more things wrong with that 1 driver than I can count on one hand. So this "repair" only made my job harder with all of this epoxy glue all over the place which Jennifer already said she put on there.

I can pick apart what she said into pieces, but I am just going to leave it where it is because I am not going to get dragged into this for some hack job repair.

-Alex-

Zip ]

I will go ahead and say here that Mikhail may have been the one who damaged the ear pads or even the urethane ring inside (I guess we will never know). This pair had the drivers glued in that there is NO WAY to damage the voice coil wires without removing the drivers. If those drivers were not removed by Mikhail which I am guessing they weren't since he simply spliced into the stock cable instead (logic wouldn't let him splice the cable if the drivers were already removed and easily accessible.. I am not going to point fingers as I have already made my judgment based on my experience with the R10 headphone and having worked with this pair. Regardless of who did what when or even where Jena Labs said they tried to repair them and to assume they fixed it is just wrong. There were more things wrong with that 1 driver than I can count on one hand. So this "repair" only made my job harder with all of this epoxy glue all over the place which Jennifer already said she put on there.

I can pick apart what she said into pieces, but I am just going to leave it where it is because I am not going to get dragged into this for some hack job repair.

-Alex-

I agree that you should not even bother to post any more over there. It has all been said, although I just took my parting shot. O0

As for the question of whether Mikhail removed the driver, JL's original web page points out that the driver had NEVER been removed when they got hold of it and actually made fun of the prior modder for not doing that to replace the cable. Should be no doubt whatsoever that he did not remove the driver and as you say he couldn't have done the damage to the voice coil without removing it.

Wow...

I've been away for headphone hobby for a while and I guess a lot of things happened in the meantime. I'll just add that Jenalabs just (within the past hour or two) got rid of its R-10 response from its website, as if nothing had happened. I guess some people will be tricked into getting recables from Jenalabs again in the future...

• 8 months later...