marce mod: turn your M

luvdunhill

Hi Luv

I would hope for that kind of money, will you at least be decorating the chips...? :popcorn:

And will you be enlisting someone to review it in stages during it's 1750 hr burn in, so we can read all about it every day.... ? :popcorn:

And could you make the signals run in both directions at the same time like Grawk's....? :popcorn:

Thanks

USG

lol...

in all seriousness, this copper foil EMI/RFI tape from 3M is pretty sweet. I haven't tried it on any opamps, but the DACs I've used it (such as the TDA1543 in the picture) on I can definitely tell a difference. Here's a link to some general information. I plan on trying it to my PPAv2 opamps soon and will report back.

That'd rawk

heh :) I like those heatsinks... beats the hell outta the Mouser / Digikey stuff.. I have some D2PAK form MOSFETs in my phonostage that could really use them. Nelson Pass had these mounted under the PCB and against the case and I didn't realize that until I finished my layout... yeah, they get real hot.

Hint: video card / BGA chip overclockers make cool stick-on heatsinks.

Could you maybe put a bunch of these things in so users could ya know, like tune the sound like ya know, helmolz rosinators or some such shit like that?

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2444&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=baa7baf078d71148d8d3f09fbc097759

That'd rawk

I misread that as "could you maybe put a bunch of these things in users...?" Now that's a mod to consider. I'd like to recommend a few people for trials.

heh :) I like those heatsinks... beats the hell outta the Mouser / Digikey stuff.. I have some D2PAK form MOSFETs in my phonostage that could really use them. Nelson Pass had these mounted under the PCB and against the case and I didn't realize that until I finished my layout... yeah, they get real hot.

Hint: video card / BGA chip overclockers make cool stick-on heatsinks.

Are these still available? I could maybe use some if so. They are stick on?

Are these still available? I could maybe use some if so. They are stick on?

yeah, a very nice thermal adhesive too. I bought them from here:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcbgamera.html

I tried a few different ones out and found these to test the best. After cryo'ing the heatsink, you'll get about -.0001 C/W better as well. It's definitely worth it.

<snip>

After cryo'ing the heatsink, you'll get about -.0001 C/W better as well. It's definitely worth it.

Thanks for the link. You're joking on the cryoing, right? :kitty:

(not up on my thermal shit, but 0.0001 C/W doesn't sound like its worth it...).