Post Your Pet

naamanf

Joke response #1: Looks photoshopped.

Joke response #2: Did you clone one of them for the other 4?

Joke response #3: You match your dogs like you match your tubes. ("Dogrolling" -- LOL.)

Joke response #4: I would have named them: Harry, Barry, Gary, Larry, and Nathan Jr. (or perhaps Leon, Pris, Rachel, Roy, and Zhora, if I had five cats).

etc.

the_brood.jpg

An older picture but my all time favorite. Cleo is the silver cat in front, Gypsy is the brindle greyhound on the sofa. Tommy & Willy are the cats (kittens at that time) snuggled up to her butt. The handsome boy on the floor is Twist. Unfortunately he's no longer with us. Bone cancer took him earlier than we would have liked. Not pictured is Marco, another brindle greyhound, and Basil, the ball python.

I've been planning on adopting a retired greyhound once my coaching season is done in June. Are they as great as everyone says?

They can be. We've become a magnet for the harder cases for some reason, so our latest, Marco, has been quite the handful. We've had a total of five so far though, and most have been good after some work. The thing to keep in mind is that racers only know kennel life, so when you adopt one at 1.5 - 3 years old, they will be like big dumb puppies in your house. They usually aren't house broken, don't know about things like stairs or glass patio doors etc. So it can take some work. But once integrated into the home, they are calm, loving and devoted dogs.