Photo diary of Sony ECR-500 woody. Not for slow connection.

Smeggy

No chuck.

It's a disk of rock maple screwed to the lathe block and I mount my working wood with turners tape so I can cut right through it The drill holes in the blanks and mount are so I can center the blanks easily.

Fair enough, I realized it was wood, but I guess what I really meant was did your lathe come with that mount? Mine only came with a chuck similar to this...

31a7860tk3lsl500aa280yl6.jpg

I've been considering a jaw chuck like this...

web5185aa3.jpg

but what you have there would be a cheaper option, and would accomplish what I need.

definitely a good looking pair of phones. how is the comfort with the split headband?

Cheers Reks :prettyprincess:

Comfort is surprisingly good, not stax strap good but very good all the same. The padding is soft and they have ample overall contact so it doesn't get sore. Much better than that shitty Stax SR-X headband. Also better than Senn 600/650, 701 and many others. I do need better earpads, the SR-5s are a bit shallow and sweaty.

I looked at a pic of the originals and feel that my set looks way more seksy, but then, I am biased.. unlike these electrets. ::) hehe.

http://www.linaeum.com/images/sony_ecr500/ecr500_1_small.jpg

Wood makes stuff pretty.

I made the cups a fairly compatible size of about 95mm so many pads will fit either over the lip or on the face. I've been thinking about the Beyerdynamic gel pads for room and super sealing, O2 pads would also fit but that's getting spendy again. I'd hate to spend more on stupid earpads than I did for the phones, nice as they are.

Hmmm, well bugger!

I'd like some deep and angled pads for them. I stuffed some foam at the back of the SR-5 pads which helped but I like full ear clearance. It's surprisingly hard to locate good pads that don't cost a fortune. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, well bugger!

I'd like some deep and angled pads for them. I stuffed some foam at the back of the SR-5 pads which helped but I like full ear clearance. It's surprisingly hard to locate good pads that don't cost a fortune. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Are those the newer plushy SR-5 pads, or the old vinyl ones? The new ones are pretty plushy and are enough for full ear clearence.