MAC's and Squeezecenter

Well hell has frozen over, the cubs have won the world series, George Bush has said something clever, I will be buying an iMac.

All patently unlikely a few short months ago but I will most likely be buying an iMac to do multipurpose duty in our kitchen dining area.

One of its duties will be to act as the server for squeezcenter. I am currently running squeezcenter 7.0 on my laptop but it will need to be out and about most of the summer so I need a more permanent solution. Is anyone running squeezcenter on a MAC? Any glitches or problems? Thanks.

I've been running SqueezeCenter from my iMac for a while now, and after the initial problem, I've had no problems with the setup.

Thanks. Can you elaborate on the initial problem. I have read about a few problems on the slimdevices forums but they all seem fairly unique with no common problem, which is probably good.

I haven't had any major problems with the last few versions of SlimServer/SqueezeCenter running on my MacBook. Only problems have been probably typical on any platform with initial setup on network, etc. and occasional bug on tagging info here, a display issue there. Overall I suspect the experience is the same on any of the three platforms. If there are more forum visible Mac issues, I do wonder if it's the lack of long time Mac users being accustom to tinkering, more than the software itself. It's not the most intuitive app ever though.

After 19 years on the Windows side (and still using XP at work), I've been a Mac convert for a few years now. Take the jump.

I do though wonder when George Bush said something clever.

Thanks. Can you elaborate on the initial problem. I have read about a few problems on the slimdevices forums but they all seem fairly unique with no common problem, which is probably good.

Sorry for the delay - I thought I had already responded. Anyways, when I first installed SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox and my iMac weren't able to find each other. I tried for a while trying to fix this problem to no avail. I eventually re-installed SqueezeCenter and everything went through fine.