Achilles Tendon Rupture

krrm

For the first time in about 8 years I played football (or soccer to most of you) with some collegues at work. It didn't go very well, after about 15 minutes I got a complete achilles tendon rupture in the right foot. I wasn't even playing very hard, just kicked the ball away from the goal. And I was sooo looking forward to play football again.

:sadcat:

Untill the operation on Wednesday I shall do as little as possible, just keep my foot high. It will take some 8 - 10 weeks with easy going and crutches to get well. The good thing is that it will be completly healed, but I'm afraid I will be bored long before that happens. Luckily I got a lot of unread books. And my sister will finally send me those Grados she bought me.

Maybe it is the time to start the DIY thing? I need a better powersupply for the Squeezebox and Stax 252 amp. I guess Sigma 11 should be a good choice?

Thanks again.

So far it has not been very painful (no need for painkillers at all), but from what the doctor said I guess the first few days after the operation might be a little worse.

Will you be in full immobilization cast? A few of my buds had this happen, in a cast for 3-months. I'm no Dr but this seems to be epidemic among the post-40 yo weekend warriors. Consider this a warning to the other old codgers on the site.

Done with the operation yesterday. It went very smooth, I was a sleep during the operation, so I didn't feel, hear or see anything. All in all it was done in 5 and a half hour from I left home till I was back.

Will you be in full immobilization cast? A few of my buds had this happen, in a cast for 3-months. I'm no Dr but this seems to be epidemic among the post-40 yo weekend warriors. Consider this a warning to the other old codgers on the site.

This is how my foot looks now:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2759&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=6bedaf0a32349008e40817d4ccc98793

I shall do nothing for about a week, then I can start to work again, but have to wear cast for 6 weeks all in all. According to the doctor there is some discussion if this should be operated or not. In Norway they usually operates cases like mine as they have some indications that the end result is better.

Last day I have been sleeping for most of the time.

ohh man, that must of hurt like hell....isnt that what happened to Bo Jackson?

Medical field now-a-days is leaps ahead of what we were 10 years ago....i wouldnt be surprised if you were on your feet and running a few months after you do therapy.

God bless to you and to a speedy recovery.

PS- at least you have a great excuse to sit around and listen to your rig all day =)