old toy commercials

justin

I wonder if the counter on that ball goes backward if you swing it in the opposite direction.

My sister had a similar toy and it counted backwards when you skipped the other way, or backwards if you skipped normally after putting it on upside down. I suspect that if mum and dad hadn't bought the cheapest one Woolworths had, it would have been sophisticated enough not to do so.

My sister had a similar toy and it counted backwards when you skipped the other way, or backwards if you skipped normally after putting it on upside down. I suspect that if mum and dad hadn't bought the cheapest one Woolworths had, it would have been sophisticated enough not to do so.

I somehow doubt the toys makers were interested in marketing a sophiscated model of a toy that swings on a kids ankle. There was probably just the one toy, but then again, I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Stupid kid being happy to get Slinky Dog and Slinky Bug for her birthday. :stick:
Yeah, those kind of sucked, didn't they?

"How can we repackage a Slinky?"

"Why would we want to, it's selling so well?"

"Because pretty soon, everyone who wants one will have one, and then sales will taper off."

"So? If every household has at least one, then we're still doing really good. Besides, they kink if you actually use them at all, so those people will have to replace them."

"If they're selling that well, then we can get rid of the marketing staff, which means you'll be out of a job."

"Oh."

"..."

"Uh." (tugs at collar)

"..."

"How about -- we stick things on each end so they look like long animals?"

"Now you're cooking. Go tell it to manufacturing."