need a new portable player

aphexpusher

I am selling my ipod classic 160gb on ebay as we speak and I want a new music player that isnt so large. for real portability I want something small and light but some fairly decent hardware under the hood that can really take advantage of my moda vibes or my soon to own yuin pk1s. also i might use the pico with it when i own the pico next year. I would need at least 6gb space. also I have been encoding using apple lossless however I dont know if other players can play them. I doubt it. that would likely force me to encode with another lossless compression method wouldnt it? god that would suck ughh but gotta do what you gotta do I suppose... :mikey1:

He said he needed a min of 6 gigs, I took that to mean that anything over that was workable.

correct. one thing though is that although it may be thin it still is fairly long. want something that can be contained within the perimeter of my palm. looks like an ipod nano huh?

I'd still go with an iPod Touch. They're so damn cool. If you're near an Apple store you should Mecc.... er, pop over and check them out. Or even a Best Buy. I think they have them at Best Buy...they'd have the Nano at least.

I am selling my ipod classic 160gb on ebay as we speak and I want a new music player that isnt so large. for real portability I want something small and light but some fairly decent hardware under the hood that can really take advantage of my moda vibes or my soon to own yuin pk1s. also i might use the pico with it when i own the pico next year. I would need at least 6gb space. also I have been encoding using apple lossless however I dont know if other players can play them. I doubt it. that would likely force me to encode with another lossless compression method wouldnt it? god that would suck ughh but gotta do what you gotta do I suppose... :mikey1:

This is a pretty bad ass player:

views.jpg

I'd still go with an iPod Touch. They're so damn cool. If you're near an Apple store you should Mecc.... er, pop over and check them out. Or even a Best Buy. I think they have them at Best Buy...they'd have the Nano at least.

I have the 16gb iphone (which is basicly a touch with cell calling) and everyday i learn a new use for it. in florida i used it as a computer to check the web and stay intouch with email. on the plane i had 4 movies on it and not only did it kill all the plane ride but an hour before i landed in Florida i let this old grandpa use my back iems (shure 500's) and watch the good the bad the ugly after he asked if that was an iphone. at the bar just this night the jukebox didn't work so i not only had 3.600+ songs just on the iphone to perfectly serve the music needed last night but i could even take requests and download songs on demand. last Friday i had the iphone set up on a live channel as a direct backup incase my Numark idj2 would lock up when i was djing.

if the touch could do 25% of what uses i just said then i would have to agree with you completely!

i don't want to sound like an Apple fan boy but God damn is this phone seriously amazing, whats amazing is the use's you find for it and that indirectly making yoru life just easier or better.

it does all of them, as they are essentially the same device except for the phone/bluetooth/camera.

exactly..

iphone if you want the cell and don't mind contracts,at&t or jailbreaking

touch if you just want features without phone/bluetooth/camera.