Advice for repairing Grado RS-1 please

Fing

I managed to pick up a pair of vintage RS-1 (wooden box, brown leather headband, no serial number). However there's no sound out coming out of the right driver.

I'm able to unscrew the 1/4 plug and the wires seem okay. Looking into the grill, again the wires seem fine.

I'll check the wires against ground with a multimeter when I get home.

However, in case worse comes to worse, is there a knack to getting access to the drivers?

I've read about sharp screwdrivers, hot water and hair dryer and even spoons ( http://www.headwize.com/projects/showfile.php?file=grado_prj.htm ) though it seems to have been done mostly on plastic or metal-bodied Grados and not wooden ones.

Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Send them back to Grado to be checked out. If the driver is fried (rather than there being a loose connection) then they'll be able to tell you, and if you want, replace the drivers with new ones.

I was thinking the same thing as Duggeh as well when I read your issue. But, Alex has my vote as well :prettyprincess: