New residents in my house...er garage

swt61

So being an old softy, I've been feeding strays for several years now. They all (about 10) take up residence inside my fence, and sleep in various places.

Well last night we had a bad storm coming and I worried they'd get drenched, so I opened my garage door about 10", so they could wander in and stay dry.

This morning I peeked in and got a bit of a surprise.

ats001425x319qs2.jpg

ats006425x319ev7.jpg

ats008425x319ud4.jpg

ats009425x319wx8.jpg

I new that the Momma (Black cat) had a litter, but I hadn't seen them and certainly didn't expect her to move them in.

The gorgeous Siamese (Fluffy) is from a previous litter by the Black cats Mother. She's got this fantastic coat of very soft fur, a tail like a squirrel and she's just a sweetheart. I'd love to find her a permanent home.

There are four kittens, two dark Grey and two Black. Oddly they're not the least bit shy or afraid of me. I've carried and cuddled them all morning, and they just eat it up.

I don't think Momma cat (Fanny) has any intentions of moving them back outside, so I'll park in the driveway for a while.

If your going to keep them around, you ought to look into getting the mother spayed to avoid having any future litters take up residence :).

Yes you're right. I've taken a few of the males in for neutering, but it's about $100.00 per female cat where I live to have them spayed. There are some areas that perform this service for strays at a much discounted price, but none in my area. I've talked to the local vet, but she won't budge.

For some reason this little island has a huge population of feral cats. Most businesses put out food for them, and they're kind of adopted by the residents.

I've been pretty successful at finding homes for the kittens so far, but I'm going to have to start getting the females spayed.