navigating the world of headphones

diebenkorn

Hi, diebenkorn. Welcome to head-case! I personally don't listen critically much at all, just take time to notice what's to notice from time to time, so I can't be of much help. Are you interested in studio work, audio engineering or something? It is a real skill to have. Just curious. Wasn't aware there were "golden ears" cds around.

Hi, diebenkorn. Welcome to head-case! I personally don't listen critically much at all, just take time to notice what's to notice from time to time, so I can't be of much help. Are you interested in studio work, audio engineering or something? It is a real skill to have. Just curious. Wasn't aware there were "golden ears" cds around.

Chesky has a few good ear training samplers that are available, and that also have good music on them :)

Thanks boomana,

I am not interested in any of those (studio, engineering) maybe critical listening was not the best words to use, and yes "golden ears" certainly a loaded term, is this http://www.moultonlabs.com/full/product01 (have no association with them). I guess I am just trying to better understand what to pay attention to and to be able to discern differences and enjoy the music more and trying to learn how to do that. Thanks grawk I will check those out.