Favorite Places you like to eat in your area and why

riceboy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite place to eat locally is a nice Italian place called Tomasso. Their food is excellent and the price, while not cheap by any means, is still better than most Italian establishments in the North End. Their menu changes seasonally and they make their desserts in house (their gelato and sorbet varieties changes depending on season and what ingredients they have available).

For those who like wines, they have a massive wine list, including multiple pages of wines that you can order by glass or carafe.

father's office: best burger and fries period and incredible and vast beer selection.

I've heard good things about fathersoffice, but have yet to try it.

in-n-out really good burger and decent fries, plus it's reasonably priced.

I agree with you here!

marouch awesome middle eastern food--standards are the vegetarian combination and chicken Kabab.

For kababs, I like Shirin on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills. The chicken barge is excellent and always plenty of food.

cholada best thai restaurant--chicken satay, tom yum soup, cholada broccoli, crab fried rice, pad thai are the usuals.

I haven't tried here either, but there are lots of great thai food in thai town. My favorite is a little hole in the wall Sanamluang Cafe, excellent food, excellent prices, but it may be a cash only place.

little brother sushi (Woodland Hills): one of my favorite sushi joints. it's a bit expensive, but the portions are on the larger size and the fish is exceedingly fresh. they also have some really good rolls.

If you're in Woodland Hills, you should try Go's market, he has a sushi bar in the back which is excellent. The clam is so fresh I saw it move off of the rice. Not much for atmosphere, but the sushi is top notch.

paco's taco the one on centinela ave is the original and substantially better than the one on manchester. fresh handmade tortillas, salsa, and pretty much everything else done authentic old school. great and tasty mexican food.

I love Paco's, one of my favorite mexican restaurants, I love the fresh made tortillas!

Lot's of great choices in LA

For lunch there are a couple of Vietnamese places that serve Pho that I really love. To me the soup is the most important thing. If you got a good soup, then everything else starts to follow. I like squeezing the lime and using a bunch of bean sprouts in mine. Sometimes I get the French Press coffee with condensed milk and then I mix it up and pour the coffee over ice. Very good :).

I just ate at Thanh Binh for lunch in Cabramatta.

Today I chose the sugar cane skewered prawn cocktails on vermicelli and salad.

Sprinkled lightly with some fish sauce for dressing and jasmine tea to wash it down.

Yeah, I'm a short black drinker. No sugar, no milk.

Kewl. There is a Kona coffee shop that is 100% Kona Coffee and it tastes fabulous. No sugar or cream please. I really like the pure taste of really good coffee.

I just ate at Thanh Binh for lunch in Cabramatta.

Today I chose the sugar cane skewered prawn cocktails on vermicelli and salad.

Sprinkled lightly with some fish sauce for dressing and jasmine tea to wash it down.

Mmmm... Sugar cane skewered prawn sounds good. I'm not a big fan of the vermicelli with fish sauce, but my wife loves it. I am usually a Pho person when I go to Vietnamese places :)

My favourite place for Turkish cuisine is in Fairfield called Beytis. Al Sofra in Auburn comes a close second.

They make awesome Adana and chicken shish kebabs. With a simple side salad of marinated tomato and onion and flat turkish bread.

Bloody good!