Holidays!!!!!

Contrastique

So, we just booked our holiday...1 week to Berlin, hopefully we can get the week after that off too but that's not very sure (we both work for the same company).

I'm so happy we have our vacation planned finally! At least one week of not having to think about work yihaa!

So how 'bout yours...??

It's the year of parent-trips. We're going with my in-laws to Utah/Arizona area and hiking slot-canyons... should be fun.

Then in Sept. we're going to Greece for a week with my parents (my father is from Greece) to see family.

One week to my in-laws on a small lake in Northern Michigan and one week in Montana with some friends from Paris. Besides Yellowstone and Glacier, we will also be visiting other Montana attractions such as Todd the Vinyl Junkie and HeadRoom! Montana meet in early August, anyone?

Almost all my time off is used for coaching, so I rarely get to go fun places. Having said that, one of the athletes I coach had a hell of a season and as a result I get an all-expense paid 4-day trip to Tallahassee for NCAA Regionals. First time in Florida. And if she does well there I'll be going to Des Moines two weeks after that for NCAAs. And that's it for the summer... The rest of my time will be spent making up all the work I've been missing.

I'm not going to do anything special really. My 3 weeks vacation is coming up in 4 weeks. Beside the expensive ticket of 1.5Ks each :sadcat:, we plan to have a lot of fun spending time with our family back in Thailand and do some traveling.

Cruise with the family for my inlaws 50th anniversary in June. I hope to get a couple of dives in and a zip line canopy tour in Belize.

go for a swim with the nurse sharks while your at it.. lots of fun grabbing and holding on to 'em, letting them pull you along and what not :)

I'll be heading to China for the end of the year and beginning of next year... first time taking the 2 babies on an over-seas flight... Do they make extra-strength Children's Dramamine?

go for a swim with the nurse sharks while your at it.. lots of fun grabbing and holding on to 'em, letting them pull you along and what not :)

I'll be heading to China for the end of the year and beginning of next year... first time taking the 2 babies on an over-seas flight... Do they make extra-strength Children's Dramamine?

Ooh, I better get my list of Chinese audio equipment ready to pass onto you then! >:D

It should be no problem for you to hunt down everything I want while tending to the youngsters. :P

Gonna have about 3 weeks in July and early August. Only thing planned is visiting my family in the middle of Norway. Both my sister and her husband is turning 40 this year so they are throwing a garden party. In late September I will go hunting for a week as usual.

Children's Benadryl works wonders sometimes but check with your Pediatrician first. Benadryl is OTC BTW.

Nothing planned for the future. Since I'm a happy parent for a couple of years I save my vacation for emergencies and taking turns with the wife to watch our son :).

When he gets older then I'll be traveling again. It will be great to have him see places here in U.S. and around the world :dance:

Dude, you live in Hawaii, the place that other people go to, for vacations.

Me -- not planning anything any time soon, just finally got caught up on a lot of of negative vacation accrual, so not planning anything until next year or so. I do take off a day here and there, but it's mostly to get caught up around the house.

The last vacation I had was back in October, went to San Fran to visit with my sisters.

When he gets older then I'll be traveling again. It will be great to have him see places here in U.S. and around the world :dance:

That will definitely be great. My parents used to take my sister and I everywhere when we were younger. It was great since the older we got the harder it was to find free time for family vacations.

I'm spending this four weeks vacation just hanging out with my parents, enjoy some home cooking, hang out with old friends. And maybe spend a week in DC. Vacation after that I'm hoping I can catch the F1 race in Milan.

There is no reason to wait too long, you just have to prepare your self and your son a little. Here is my short guide about traveling with kids:

As for the kids - talk a little with them so they want to go and let them take part in the planning. Read about what they will see, look up stuff on the internet.

Adults must accept that kids gets bored after a while when shopping, looking at museums or walking in cities etc. So slow down. Use parks, playgrounds, cafes and whatever that can break up a long session. Be prepared to drop things on the to do/see list.

Depending on sleeping patterns that may be the most difficult part with small children as it might be is boring to go back to the hotel or apartment by 8 pm. Either travel with someone that can take turns babysitting or buy a couple of beers and bring a book or two.

We had a very nice trip to Prague last year, both our kids (4 & 6 now) still talks about it.

I'll be heading to China for the end of the year and beginning of next year... first time taking the 2 babies on an over-seas flight...

Better get your tickets now if you haven't already done so, rising oil prices and the financial sector implosion are going to drive up airline ticket prices quite a bit between now and then.

Do they make extra-strength Children's Dramamine?

Just give them a few beers and they'll be fine. Observe!

biture.jpg

Dude, you live in Hawaii, the place that other people go to, for vacations.

LOL I know Dusty. It's so funny isn't it. I travel to places where most would like to visit Hawaii. I wouldn't mind going back to San Fran one day again. I used to live up there with my wife and we visited Mendocino. I loved that beach community. Really relaxing there. Live pretty much slows down.

That will definitely be great. My parents used to take my sister and I everywhere when we were younger. It was great since the older we got the harder it was to find free time for family vacations.

I'm spending this four weeks vacation just hanging out with my parents, enjoy some home cooking, hang out with old friends. And maybe spend a week in DC. Vacation after that I'm hoping I can catch the F1 race in Milan.

Enjoy your time Deepak. It's nice to see family and friends when you're away from home. That's how I felt when I lived up in Northern Cal. There is no place like home, there's no place like home :).

There is no reason to wait too long, you just have to prepare your self and your son a little. Here is my short guide about traveling with kids:

As for the kids - talk a little with them so they want to go and let them take part in the planning. Read about what they will see, look up stuff on the internet.

Adults must accept that kids gets bored after a while when shopping, looking at museums or walking in cities etc. So slow down. Use parks, playgrounds, cafes and whatever that can break up a long session. Be prepared to drop things on the to do/see list.

Depending on sleeping patterns that may be the most difficult part with small children as it might be is boring to go back to the hotel or apartment by 8 pm. Either travel with someone that can take turns babysitting or buy a couple of beers and bring a book or two.

We had a very nice trip to Prague last year, both our kids (4 & 6 now) still talks about it.

Thanks for the advice. You had great tips to offer :). Sounds like you had a great time in Prague with your family. I hope to get to Prague one day as well.

Sweet to take your kids on citytrips even though they're relatively young. We plan on visiting a lot of cities because we thought like, when we have kids that will be a bit more of a problem.

I'm thinking the first couple of years the holidays will be more like, having more space around you where you can walk in pretty nature, that sort of stuff and then when they grow a little older take them to other places, like more crowded and big.

I like your approach though, very thoughtful. But (luckily) for now I don't feel the urge popping out these small ones ... haha ;D

Sweet to take your kids on citytrips even though they're relatively young. We plan on visiting a lot of cities because we thought like, when we have kids that will be a bit more of a problem.

I'm thinking the first couple of years the holidays will be more like, having more space around you where you can walk in pretty nature, that sort of stuff and then when they grow a little older take them to other places, like more crowded and big.

I like your approach though, very thoughtful. But (luckily) for now I don't feel the urge popping out these small ones ... haha ;D

Kids = Less money and time for hobbies.