Weeee, modded Lambdas.

Smeggy

Ok, Not exactly a huge mod but it's made a huge change to how they sound and they sound ferkin' awesome. I imagine it's somewhere between the SR-Lambda and SR-Sigma and definately has many of the Sigma qualities I've read about with, seemingly, none of the drawbacks. Deeper well rounded bass, smoother highs and a very nice midsection. The soundstage now rivals the K1000 at the angle I normally listen at. :o

Despite the extra distance from the ears there's very little drop in volume and they go really loud in a spectacularly full way. I lined the inside with felt to dampen reflections and used very strong, pliable mounting tape to fix the wedges in place. The seal is perfect and comfort is still great. The wood looks heavy is actually quit light and not noticeable when wearing them.

I went for some Rock Maple as a nice light contrast to the black phones. I was having a play with the new wood tools anyway so decided I might as well mod the Lambdas. I'd been planning on doing this since I got them.

dsc7325ja9.jpg

dsc7326yk6.jpg

dsc7327jf0.jpg

I love these hobbies! :dance: