What did you do today?

riceboy

I thought I start a new thread about what you did today to get to know some of the head casers a little better :). It could be anything from saying that you did nothing, exercising, walked the dog, listened to music all day long, went to the park, went to a party, went out for dinner, read my book, etc.

I'll start off. Today I had a day off :dance:. First off I played with my son, watched the movie "Cars" again, lol. Then I ran on the treadmill and did some aerobic training. Now I'm listening to my HF-1s on the Beta 22. Hope everyone had a good day :)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thread.

Today I woke up at 9:30am, played video games, mowed the lawn (reminds me its that time of the year to bump an old thread). Then my girlfriend came over and we ate lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. Then I met my parents for dinner at Morrisons. Then more video games, then music.

Went to Mom's house (she's 87) and planted hostas and bleeding hearts in one of her flower beds, then mulched the others. Most of the rest of the day I lazed around home watching a Monty Python marathon on BBC America. Grilled a ribeye for me and a green chili marinated chicken breast for the wife for dinner. We had corn on the cob as well. And then I watched an MST3K episode.

Posted balanced headphones for sale in "the other site," cleaned the house, watched the best sci fi movie of all time, aka Star Wars, and talked with a good friend about headphones and such. All-in-all, a great Memorial Day!

Morrisons! i haven't been to one in years. is the mac and cheese still good? been to a Sonny's lately?

yup, the mac n chee is still delicious! as is the chop steak and liver and onions. its a great place to eat good cheap and fast. I don't know if I've ever been to sonn'ys.

Slept in till 5pm. Showered, ate ramen, started drinking, watched BSG. Still watching.

:dance: for BSG. I'm now enjoying this season since it picked up with the action and intrigue.

yup, the mac n chee is still delicious! as is the chop steak and liver and onions. its a great place to eat good cheap and fast. I don't know if I've ever been to sonn'ys.

Wish we had some of those restaurants here. I would love to eat the mac n cheese. Sounds really good.

Woke up too early, opened a problem call for a system that was broken by our annual power outage. Then went to a memorial day parade with my daughter's girl scout troop. Got home, made salsa, worked on some additional problems at work. Ate chips, got ready, headed towards work. Got an email 1/3 of the way there saying I could turn around. Came home, did 2 days work towards getting my new system ready. Watched house from this week that I missed because I was working.

Got up at 10am, fed the cats, did the dishes and took a shower with wifey. Listened to some music then went down town for brunch. Took a leisurely drive back home by the lake. Went to the garage to do some woodworking. Going for the isobaric SFI trials. Once again I failed miserably, only one side works. I think I've finally managed to kill some of my SFI drivers after numerous experiments with them. Need to get some more....

Took it on the chin like a man and decided to watch some shitty Star Trek Enterprise as consolation. Gonna relax and veg out for the rest of the evening. Time to go make some tea and have a smoke on the deck.

Smeggs out.

You know, some guys joke that if they were given a pussy, they'd just spend the entire day stroking it all day and playing with it and petting it.

I found out that it's true, as that's what I did. I llluvz mah llittol kitteh.

:rofl:

I had my first day at work after the operation, it was rather quiet as the project I'm on is just about finsihed and after 14 days off I don't know whats going on. Other than that nothing special. Read for kids, listen to music etc.

I stapled my thumb this morning :-\

Opened the loading mechanism to make sure I had plenty of staples, closed it and BAM...all the way into my thumb. About a 45 degree angle from the edge of the thumb, through to just below the nail. I could actually see it though my thumb nail. Surprisingly painless going in, but a little annoying pulling it out. It was in very tight, and I had to make several hard pulls to yank the bitch out. Very little blood, thankfully.

I'm trying to find out if I need a Tetanus shot. ???

pfffft.

i had a pretty good streak of not smoking, but i started smoking again during a pretty stressful time a little while back. i'll stop again. tomorrow maybe, or the next day, or the next day, or the...

Aww man... get back on it. I've still quit since January. But I do understand... there have been several times... :smoker:

Ouuch, this is one of the things that hurts just to think about it. You missed the bone I guess?

I guess. It was towards the front of the thumb, where the nail is. The fleshy part. I think if it went into the nail, it would have been even harder to pull out (though thats just an assumption). The only thing I'm a little worried about is the area under the nail, as this is supposedly ultra sensitive material. I just hope it heals without much trouble. Though the pain is gone now, for the most part. I guess it helps that I have fairly large hands.

I had my first day at work after the operation, it was rather quiet as the project I'm on is just about finsihed and after 14 days off I don't know whats going on. Other than that nothing special. Read for kids, listen to music etc.

Hope you're feeling okay.

I've done nothing today except shower, coffee, chat a bit, and email inquiry about a cute vintage dress I was liking online. So far so good :)

Today is boring (work) so I'll stick with the original question of what I did on Memorial Day.

Woke up with a hangover from a couple beers at dinner and two gigantic killer Manhattans with Baker's bourbon (forgot it was 107 proof) after seeing Rosa Pasos with my wife. She had a hangover too from a couple of strong-ass Sidecars, and she was on puppy duty so she had gotten up at 3am and 6:30am to let the little dickens outside.

Most of the day was new-puppy-focused, from stopping her biting us constantly to constant house-breaking work to playing and petting. Just assume that goes on the whole time this other stuff happened.

We had bagels for breakfast, went over to our house in Marin (aka Mayberry) and hung out with the new pup and my sister-in-law's family for a few hours and lunch. Tended to our new side garden and planted the Italian plum tree we had ordered and picked up on the way to the house (organic nursery open on the holiday). We actually called it the Plum Pole because it is trunk with small shoots starting out that will eventually be branches.

Shopped for groceries on the way back to SF, and talked to one of my sisters and my folks about the puppy and other stuff. I cooked up some de-boned trout and enjoyed that with some mache, baguette, and a couple beers. Watched an episode of Robin Hood recorded from BBC America with the kids and then watched The Tudors from the night before with my wife before collapsing into bed.

Cheers, all.