What did you do today?

riceboy

Well, let's see. Woke up severely depressed as I've done the last 5 years. Also hung over from yesterday's binge. Dropped some Kava-Kava extract and off to work we go, where all hell is breaking loose and somehow I have to hold shit together. Multi-task for 10 hours doing the typical meaningless and inane things that hold a smoothly-functioning office together, then back home, mow the lawn, and down more Kava.

Yes, not exactly the most eventful day. Though later on I have a review to write, and about an hour of Kung-fu stancework to do. So, that is a bit of an improvement.

A year ago my day would have been to the tune of "wake up, walk half a mile down the beach to staff center for breakfast, do an hour of coral reef ecology lecture, do a 30m/30min deep transect monitoring dive, lunch, 2 hours of basking in the sun, then do a 18m/50min transect monitoring dive, then shoot the sunset from the beach in front of my cabin, then dinner, some Chi-gong before sleep, then crashtime.

How far the mighty have fallen. Except I'm not that mighty.

Still, I will be up there again in about 3-4 years, and this time, for good. Might as well enjoy the reefs while they're still here, methinks.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i woke up, went to class, went to work, came home, posted here, smoked some crack, killed a raccoon with my bare hands, and then had some dessert.

You've been very, very busy.

Well I didn't do much yesterday besides work, more work, and listening to tunes. Oh and I watched some Toy Story 2 with the son. Other than that I tried to hide my wallet from purchasing more gears :)

Took the day off; first vacation day since September :)

Scanned about 40 album covers, ripped about 17 discs. Watched National Treasure II, played some Fear Combat multiplayer and bought 3 boxes of Trix cereal on sale. Also took the CRV to jiffy lube.

I actually want to check out National Treasure II. How did you like it?

Well today had the usual meetings and did a presentation. Then I had spicy salmon (not cooked, but sushi style), for lunch and a orange and yogurt. Been trying to eat healthier. Did some cardio and push ups. Our workplace has a wellness program where you could earn up to $500 cold hard cash a year. It involves eating and exercising. When you do eat the right foods and exercise you get points. I've been walking up 46 flights of stairs M - F and doing a bunch of cardio 7 days a week as well.

Riceboy,

By chance do work anywhere near 841 Bishop, Downtown?

I got up and fed the animals (3 cats, 4 parrots). Ate breakfast and went to my workout (Mistress Marisa is out physical trainer). Came home showered and then headed to Westlake Village to meet Greg (Augsburger) for lunch. He allowed me to buy some Wedell and Seasmoke Pinot Noir from his allocation (the wait list is years for both). I forgot my checkbook but he let me have them anyway. We had lunch at a very good BBQ place in Thousand Oaks. Then I went to BevMo looking for some Oogie. They didn't have any. From there I went to my sister's house in TO. My dad lives with her and today was his 89th birthday. We went to the BevMo in Simi Valley. Again, no Oogie. I bought some Laphroig "Full Cask Strength" instead. Came home and had a sandwich. Went to Thursday night Bridge. Came home and am comparing the regular Laphroig 10 with the Full Cask 10. The full cask is better as it should be for the cost difference. All in all a pretty busy day.

Yeah, Sean Bean can play a good villain, but I think Ed Harris can also play a very good villain. In this movie they wanted him to have a bit of a heart, but did you see his character in A History of Violence?

visiting some friends and attending a wedding.... and all the fun and games that go along with those two activities. :)

Those are fun times :)

Woke up; fell out of bed; dragged a comb across my head...

That's about it so far.

Same as Dusty. Just got up and came to work. Making the morning Joe for everyone here :dance:.

Its a pretty nice flick. I think the villian in the first movie was better though. The dude who played Boromir in LOTR.

Okay, now I have to see it. Maybe I could rent it for tonight. :popcorn:

did you find your way upstairs and have a smoke?
I don't smoke.

I did, however, find my way downstairs and drank a cup...looking up, I noticed I was late...so I ate quickly, fed the kitteh and rushed off to work. Somebody spoke, so I spoke back. Had another cuppa, and plan to face piles of trials with smiles and turned dials. (It riles them to believe that I perceive the web they weave.)

I don't smoke.

I did, however, find my way downstairs and drank a cup...looking up, I noticed I was late...so I ate quickly, fed the kitteh and rushed off to work. Somebody spoke, so I spoke back. Had another cuppa, and plan to face piles of trials with smiles and turned dials. (It riles them to believe that I perceive the web they weave.)

We have a poet. Very cool Dusty :prettyprincess:

Very Poe-etic