What did you do today?

riceboy

Not what I did today, but I didn't want to post about mowing again without providing better visual evidence of the yard. So, Friday, I left work early to deal with the beast.

98025936.jpg

We have an irrigation system so it has to be mowed once a week, all summer.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got up at 5:30, ran 2 miles, and headed to work for 7:30. I have been writing some Forth/Assembly code all day for a Motorola 9S12. I leave in an hour and a half, whence a friend wants to meet me for dinner. After that, I'll probably take a ride on the bike to the hardware store to pickup some nuts I need for a project.

Do you work for Motorola? Had a friend who worked for them down here in Florida...worked on the OS for the Iden (Back then the phone was called the Eagle and Golden Eagle, early day PTT).

BTW Nate, you should have a pool or a skate park in your back yard. Then you will have less to mow =)

Do you work for Motorola? Had a friend who worked for them down here in Florida...worked on the OS for the Iden (Back then the phone was called the Eagle and Golden Eagle, early day PTT).

BTW Nate, you should have a pool or a skate park in your back yard. Then you will have less to mow =)

No I don't work for Motorola. I design hardware using their MC, and write accompanying software for it.

These are your options as I see them:

1. Be like your neighbors, and let the woods take over part of the property.

2. Don't mow it and sell tickets to a safari.

3. Fill it all with dirt, and make a dirtbike track.

4. EVEN BETTER: pave in a small MotoGP track. Also build a guest house for my and my bike.

5. Llama Farm

1. Thinking about it.

2. Thankfully I don't mow it all, all the time. You can see the dividing line in that picture. I shave about an acre off when I don't do the lower 40.

3. I'd love to, Wife says no.

4. See #3.

5. Profit.

1. Be like your neighbors, and let the woods take over part of the property.

2. Don't mow it and sell tickets to a safari.

3. Fill it all with dirt, and make a dirtbike track.

4. EVEN BETTER: pave in a small MotoGP track. Also build a guest house for my and my bike.

5. Llama Farm

Not what I did today, but I didn't want to post about mowing again without providing better visual evidence of the yard. So, Friday, I left work early to deal with the beast.

98025936.jpg

The Beast is an understatement! You could lay the Washington Monument on its side in your yard!

washington-monument-picture.jpg

I hope you have a riding mower, my friend. I wouldn't want you to stroke out at week 9 or so. :kitty:

98025936.jpg

I thought you said you didn't have any neighbors in the immediate vicinity? "Nearest neighbor..." was some umpteen miles away? Or was that one of those can't differentiate dreams from reality things again?

The Beast is an understatement! You could lay the Washington Monument on its side in your yard!

Pffft, the measly 555' tall monument would barely stretch half way. The yard, front to back is ~1000'.

I hope you have a riding mower, my friend. I wouldn't want you to stroke out at week 9 or so. :kitty:

Oh hell yes - the good old '72 John Deere.

medium.jpg

Yup, sticks it is.

98028161.jpg

And Dusty, I live in a rural area but not that rural.

98025936.jpg

Rent-a-goats, cheap and entertaining.

n_maher, I'd love to live in an area like that. The suburbs are just the worst.

---

Today, I took advantage of the freeleech at What.CD. Let's hope my ISP doesn't notice. Oh, right, if anyone on What didn't notice, there's freeleech on all MP3s.

I also worked out. My grandma thought I was doing something vile when she walked in on me doing Hindu pushups.

hindupushups2.jpg

Basically stayed home again as I'm recovering from this cold so I'm quarantined away from the wife and son. Don't want them to get sick. So I did some work remotely and listened to music today. Overall, got to listen to some of the new albums that came out today so it was good. I even got a chance to relax and recuperate by watching a movie.

Took the Little Monkey to his first Yankee game. Picked up the SRM-1/MK-2 and Lambda Pros. Sent in the Desktop Balanced to be repaired. Now drinking a Magic Hat #9. A pretty damn fine day.

Sheesh! When I lived there all they gave out to the first 100 fans was a souvenir bat.

arranged for a job interview. i found out that, due to budget cuts, my current job can't employ me this summer, so i have three weeks to find a new job. i had only applied for this job i have the interview for yesterday, so it's pretty promising. it's about 15% more pay for pretty much the same job, so it made me feel good to get such a positive response so quickly.

Best of luck :)

arranged for a job interview. i found out that, due to budget cuts, my current job can't employ me this summer, so i have three weeks to find a new job. i had only applied for this job i have the interview for yesterday, so it's pretty promising. it's about 15% more pay for pretty much the same job, so it made me feel good to get such a positive response so quickly.

good luck reks

That looks strikingly similar to the tractor we had when we lived in South Dakota. I hope yours is a lot more reliable than ours was.

From 0 to 100deg it's never failed to start for me. It might not last the weekend though as someone is coming to look at it on Sunday and if it sells I'll be upgrading. >:D

And x2 on "good luck" Jacob, I hope it all works out.