What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I brought my daughter home from the hospital. :prettyprincess:

Lily Kathleen was born on Saturday morning at 10:02. Both she and mom and doing well and we're all adjusting to the world of there being 3 of us here at home.

Welcome to the club Nate. Sleepless nights for a while, but as the months go on your bundle of joy will be getting more and more interactive and doing really wonderful things. You'll see. I wish your new family much joy and good health always :)

Grawk: Sorry about your dog (family member). I totally agree with your philosophy, you can't win if you don't play.

Reks: Congratulations on the new job. sounds like it will be a piece of cake ::) .

Nate: Congratulations to you and your wife. Our son is the best thing that has happened to us and I'm sure you will shortly be thinking the same thing (if you are not already thinking it).

Lily Kathleen was born on Saturday morning at 10:02. Both she and mom and doing well and we're all adjusting to the world of there being 3 of us here at home.

Congratulations to you and all of your family! I hope that you banked up some sleep. At least CanJam was good practice. ;)

Reks: Congratulations on the new job. sounds like it will be a piece of cake ::) .

Congrats on your new job as well Reks.

Today I was in a security seminar and it was great. Learned a lot of new tools for security and there was a whole thing on lock picking. When I first saw it on the agenda I didn't think I would like it, but it was really fun and very interesting. The conference went long, but it didn't feel that long. I rolled into work by 6:00 am, checked the systems, left and arrived at the conference around 7:15 am, checked in, and it was done by 6:00 pm. I thought I would be tired, but actually I was pretty jazzed about all the info I learned. Overall it was great :dance:

Congratulations. There is nothing like it. I have a 4YO and an 8 month old. I enjoy the hell out of being a dad.

You reckon audio cost you a few bucks! You ain't seen nothing yet.

cheers

Simon

Today I brought my daughter home from the hospital.

Congratulations X 1 million!! Daughters are awesome, you'll see in about 6-7 months when they start expressing a range of expressions/emotions.

(But keep them on the straight and narrow, my 11 month daughter is starting to throw gang hand signs - our worst nightmare, we think it's the dreaded Milky Killers...)

gangsigns.jpg

No electricity at my house since 3PM yesterday. :rant:

We've had some violent thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and there are 245 000 houses in Quebec without power. Fortunately, this is not the case here at work so I can catch the latest Head-case gossips. :D

On my ride to work there was a downed powerline. I didn't know this until I rode around the (now laying on the ground) police tape. I thought it was a prankster or something, until I saw the next tape, and the lines with the cop. Oops. On the plus side I got to spend an extra 15 minutes riding twisties which followed a lake. I would never have found the road ;)

No electricity at my house since 3PM yesterday. :rant:

We've had some violent thunderstorms yesterday afternoon and there are 245 000 houses in Quebec without power. Fortunately, this is not the case here at work so I can catch the latest Head-case gossips. :D

You've got it backwards... supposed to have no power at work, but power at home ;D

Daycare was closed due to lack of A/C. So I had my son in the morning, but was on conference calls for most of it--he was very cooperative, god bless him. Drove to work at around Noon, on a conference call the whole time, arrive at work at 1pm. Leave at 7:45. Get charged for 1/2 a vacation day. Senseless.