What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent 6+ hours on motorcycles. ~250 miles.

I also accepted an offer from a professor for a full ride ph.d

One and a half years part time, while I work my job. Then 3 years full time, making the same money I make right now. Can't complain... get all education expenses covered, and get the same pay that I get now.

If I decide to stay at my job now, then I'll just have a Master's 2 years from now, but I'm leaning heavily toward the offer he made me. No real lose in this situation.

Congrats, jb.

After a crazy week at work, I slept in, went and got my hair cut, took a 2-hr nap, went and bought some dresses, took a 1-hr nap, went and met some friends for coffee, and now I'm going to eat and relax to some good music. :prettyprincess:

got a hair cut and prepared everything for the two things i'll be cooking tonight. i love to cook, but i hate making dough. it's worth it, though, the tenderloin recipe came out great the last time i made it!

Those two things sound really good. Let us know how you liked the recipes.

Today I picked up a piece of furniture and put it together. I also got some sweet deals at Banana Republic. I really like their shirts since they are light and breath well. It's great for the summer weather here. I'll probably be eating out tonight and listening to music later :).

Congrats, jb.

After a crazy week at work, I slept in, went and got my hair cut, took a 2-hr nap, went and bought some dresses, took a 1-hr nap, went and met some friends for coffee, and now I'm going to eat and relax to some good music. :prettyprincess:

Thanks Vicki, John, and Riceboy.

Jesus. From where, again?

Japan - southern Kyushu, 2 hours south of Nagasaki. It's been a few years since I have been here. It was the best classical/jazz store I have been too in Japan with really great XRCD's that just can't be found anywhere else. I work on a ship a good part of the year..................

Thanks guys. I am enrolled for CAD Algorithms next semester, and we go on from there. I start some work this friday for the professor, and meet every friday thereafter with him.

I'm glad that I get to stay in the same department. My B.S. is in Computer Engineering, but my Masters and Ph.D will be in Electrical Engineering. Luckily it's all the same department at my school, so I get to deal with the same people. They are great!

Today, I got my bike back to running 100%, and changed the oil as well. Now it pulls hard to 13k RPM. ;D

Installed a $700.00 toilet.

They don't install any easier than a $150.00 toilet.

So what does a $700 toilet look like?

Speaking of toilet, I gotta replace mine soon. Of course, I have to fix/replace the subfloor around it and I'm not sure how difficult that is going to be.

Which movie?

RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio

I gave up on finding the corrected version they sent out to people who bitched when it originally came out, but the movie ended up sucking anyways. :rolleyes:

So did you fix it by making them switched for the entire movie? ;)

No :rock:

I had to split the Dolby Digital file into 6 mono wave files and swap the audio up to the point where it jumps back to normal. The whole process was too much of a pain in the ass 'cause I was learning it as I went (rip dvd, demux audio/video, decompress audio, edit audio, recompress audio, remux audio/video, burn dvd, go "wtf is this...?")

So what does a $700 toilet look like?

Speaking of toilet, I gotta replace mine soon. Of course, I have to fix/replace the subfloor around it and I'm not sure how difficult that is going to be.

It looked pretty much like any other toilet. It's a one piece, but I have no idea why it was so expensive.

Chances are you may have some rot in the joists too. If so you can treat them with JASCO TERMIN-8 wood preservative to stop the rot from spreading, then sister some new wood to the old joists. I always recommend pressure treated in this application. Same with the subfloor, use pressure treated plywood under the toilet.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

A couple of years ago we replaced our toilets with Toto G-Max toilets. They use gravity but have 3" flapper valves. Since then, we haven't had anything resembling a clog. It just flushes, and very quickly too. I'm very happy to basically be able to retire the plunger.

I am so stupidly busy with house renovations that I don't have time to list the insane things I am doing.

That said, I got a call from Ritz Camera today. I dropped off a roll of film with them the week after last, and asked to have it cross processed (when print film is developed as slide film.) The girl behind the counter said they had to send it out to a lab to do that, and it'd take 5 additional business days. I said fine.

Today I heard from the manager of the Ritz store, who said that the lab returned the undeveloped film, saying they won't touch it. I'm doubly pissed by this. The film is boring-ass Kodak Gold 200, which looks like shit when developed conventionally. Also, I've now lost over a week, and no matter what I do, the film won't be done before I leave for Martha's Vineyard on Sunday.

So, this being the probably-not-appropriate place to ask.... anyone head case photographers (that's an redundancy if I ever heard one) have any suggestions for photo labs I could pester to get this roll cross processed? I need a good lab for slide film anyway; I plan on returning from MV with an exposed roll of Velvia (shot through my new 17-40 ultrawide).