What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime that desk gets mentioned I am forced to remember Jagwire, proud captain of Team: Jerker. :(

Do you know that I made that little shit a free headphone stand out of some nice Cherry wood I had in the shop?

The little bitch complained about the wood, and asked if I had something else I could make one out of.

Needless to say I did not respond to that PM.

Do you know that I made that little shit a free headphone stand out of some nice Cherry wood I had in the shop?

The little bitch complained about the wood, and asked if I had something else I could make one out of.

Needless to say I did not respond to that PM.

Are you serious? That's just... wow.

I do have pics of every stand I've made, including that one. They are on my crashed desktop that I need to have repaired.

Maybe I can dig one up on HF though.

Nope, none to be found. It wasn't anything super extravagant, but it was nice, and did I mention free?

Edited by swt61

I'm surprised that you didn't make him an MDF or plywood stand after that comment. What did he want, an ebony stand? :palm:

If memory serves I think he asked about Cocobolo.

I used to have a habit of making stands and just sending them out unannounced.

Kind of a thank you for some, and just a here ya go, usually for students or someone who I thought made good contributions to the forum. They were almost always made from extra materials I had in the shop.

In his case he PMed me asking about a stand, but complaining he didn't have much money.

I didn't know him at all at the time, and usually if someone asks or hints around for a freebie they'll never see one. But I saw he was a kid, and I guess I assumed he had no money. So I had some Cherry laying around and made a stand and even payed the shipping.

You can guess how I felt about him after his PM. Never once did he say thanks for the stand either. I thought about asking him to ship it back on the pretense of making him a new one, and then just letting him hang. He just wasn't worth the effort though.

You can guess how I felt about him after his PM. Never once did he say thanks for the stand either. I thought about asking him to ship it back on the pretense of making him a new one, and then just letting him hang. He just wasn't worth the effort though.

That story makes me see red. The shovel is ready.

I once tried a 26" TV on my Jerker desk - the brightness was brutal. 24" LCD worked just fine though... although I don't know what I'd do with a 37"! Put up a pic when you're done.

Before:

3219112846_d639d0c0d4.jpg?v=0

After: :D

3221752311_58c425cb69.jpg?v=0

I will of course be taking the shelves out, just haven't bothered yet.

I'm leaving soon to get an HDMI cord and a DVI > HDMI adapter. Hopefully the local place has it, I'm already feeling the pain of not having access to my music for one night :(

more :

3219112166_991b3c9dcc.jpg?v=0

3221754113_3450d33ca9.jpg?v=0