What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Myers-Briggs analysis back. I am (still) an INTJ and my marked propensities are for tenderness and procrastination. So I guess if you ever need someone to promise to hold you and then never get around to it, I'm your man.

Also made Irish stew, which I'm now eating.

Had an off day in the lab. After finding out in the morning that my overnight experiment (and thus the past two weeks of work) were a loss, I managed to get flaming ethanol on my (gloved) hands not once, nor twice, but thrice. On the second attempt I also managed to get flaming ethanol on the plastic gas tubing that feeds the bunsen burner and almost melted it through...

Thank goodness it's time to go home.

Rented a concrete saw to cut sections out of a slab to plumb for a bathroom addition.

Concrete saw cuts to a 6" depth. Great, as most slabs are 4" - 6" thick.

I cut past the 12" footing only to find the slab decreases by one whole inch.

Who the fuck poors an 11" slab? becca.gif

I don't know what brilliant mind poured the slab, but that emoticon is cracking me up.

That's a great smiley! :D

I stole it from Tyll.

Oh, and who the fuck spells pours as poors? :palm:

I'm spending day 3 of wifewatch as she recovers from surgery.. so yeah, fun....

Sorry, I hope she feels better very soon.

Edited by swt61

Officially setup and tested the Nugget Audio Amplification Benchmark facility. In other words, tested the new M-Audio DAC and dummy load running the RMAA software suite. I'm sure I have a few things to tweak properly but it looks reasonably correct running the standard loop-back baseline. :)

Oh, and what's worse than crazy people? Crazy people's families. I'm really really tired of crazy people's families and crazy people's attorneys and crazy people's trust officers, and crazy people's fucking p.o. officers, and crazy goddamn therapists that make crazy money off of keeping people sick and dependent upon them so they can keep billing them for years and then want to tell you what your job is because you're busy trying to get the crazy ass patient to just get their fucking life together and out of therapy....oh and the fucking crazy psychiatrists that are crazier than the crazy people......etc.

In other words, I've been on my best behavior all week long while dealing with all of the above. Come to think of it, I've been the poster child for patience and professionalism. It's unnatural.

Oh, and what's worse than crazy people? Crazy people's families. I'm really really tired of crazy people's families and crazy people's attorneys and crazy people's trust officers, and crazy people's fucking p.o. officers, and crazy goddamn therapists that make crazy money off of keeping people sick and dependent upon them so they can keep billing them for years and then want to tell you what your job is because you're busy trying to get the crazy ass patient to just get their fucking life together and out of therapy....oh and the fucking crazy psychiatrists that are crazier than the crazy people......etc.

In other words, I've been on my best behavior all week long while dealing with all of the above. Come to think of it, I've been the poster child for patience and professionalism. It's unnatural.

let it out, just don't let them wear off on you. :P