What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the shooting range with Mike, which was really fun. Maybe we should let some of the rabid bozos over at head-fi know their moderator is armed.

Thanks Vicki for the fun afternoon. I almost forgot my son had a hockey game in Lake Worth. Drove home then turned around and drove to Lake Worth.

I'm looking forward to more shooting at the next meet. :)

Got up and finished installing Windows 7 on my 6-7yr old Dell Inspiron 8100 PIII 1.13GH w/ only 512 ram.

Had a little trouble with the audio driver because I forgot that there is a certain order that the drivers must be installed but got it worked out.

Actually runs pretty good. No Aero but I don't care.

Installed OpenOffice.org, Diskeeper Pro Premium 2009, MP3Tag, Zune Software, uTorrent, Firefox and called it good.

Before I only had about 3.5GB free on the little 20GB hard drive, now I have over 11GB free.

Wow. That's good to know that it works on much older laptops. Also having that much free space than what your other Windows OS was before. What did you have installed before you installed Windows 7 (Windows 2000, XP)? Also, how do you like Diskeeper Pro Premium 2009? Any slow downs when the Diskeeper service is running in the background?

Got up pretty early for Sunday (10AM) mostly thanks to the ever-chipper contractor who called me ... to let me know that he received the message I sent him four days earlier. :palm: Decided to light the wood stove for the first time in two weeks. Had some wood inside, but went out and got two baskets anyway. Noticed that it was snowing. Dug out my film body and walked around in the snow and shot twelve frames on the roll of ISO 400 B&W film that's been languishing in the camera since the middle of December. 11 frames were done with my 17-40mm superwide zoom and one with my manual focus 135mm F/2.8 Orestor (which is older than I am.)

I cleaned the snow off my car just as it was getting dark and went out and bought a replacement bulb for the wannabe lava lamp my friend knocked over when he was drunk. :mad: Fortunately, the bulb wasn't terribly exotic or expensive ($6 for two). Visited my friend Steve at work and shot the shit with him for a while. Fun fact: Steve's nickname is "Stax" -- after the record label, not the headphone company.

Came home, called Ricardo to confirm that he'd be home around 11:00PM. Drove to NoHo, picked up my PC and helped Ricardo pick out a digital camera (Canon SD1100 IS Elph for $150-ish). Also gave Ricky a mastered copy of the Saturnine mix. Drove back home and concluded I'm too tired to set up the PC tonight. The Saturnine mix will have to wait until tomorrow.