What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran at the beach, record shopping in honor of National Record Shop Day and tonight is Beerfest.

This sounds like a fantastic day. I haven't ran at the beach in a while. When I do regularly I loved it. Something about the clean salt air that made me feel rejuvenated. Have a great time at Beerfest.

Edited by riceboy

Left Lily with Nana and Papa for the night so the wife and I could catch a sox game in Boston.

Noice! Get an Italian sausage with peppers and onions on Landsdown Street for me and tell me how great it was! A little vicarious reminder of my Boston years. Have a great time, sausage or not. :)

I knew you seemed more civilized than your average left coaster.

I resemble that remark! Lived in Newton and Watertown for 3 years during law school. Hung out plenty at Fenway, Wally's, Tim's, B&D Deli, etc. Loved Boston and Mass. but still couldn't give up my leftist leanings. ;)

drove 180 miles each way to rehobeth beach, delaware. Spent 20 minutes waiting in line. Bought some stuff, then went to a crab place for dinner (wait at the aformentioned place was 90 minutes for dinner, too long for the kids). Then drove home.

Nate, glad you got a chance to get out for a night. It sounds like you enjoyed it.

I went to another lame Fort Lauderdale Beerfest. Too small an area for too many people. The beer was average at best. My wife joined me which was good as I was able to get two for ones all night since she doesn't drink beer. I also didn't have to worry about driving home. Hit 5 Guys on the way home.

Nate, glad you got a chance to get out for a night. It sounds like you enjoyed it.

I went to another lame Fort Lauderdale Beerfest. Too small an area for too many people. The beer was average at best. My wife joined me which was good as I was able to get two for ones all night since she doesn't drink beer. I also didn't have to worry about driving home. Hit 5 Guys on the way home.

I really read that wrong.

I need to venture out to one of the New York are Five Guys as i have really missed those cajun fries.

Went to the diner for pancakes, then the farm down the road so the wife could buy flowers for the window boxes and the kids could feed the ducks. Now tasked with getting the patio furniture out of the shed and changing out the windows for screens on the back porch.

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes. :cool:

Thanks Mike, it was a great time until we tried to get home. The stupid marathon had so many streets shut down that we had to drive nearly an hour out of the way just to get out of the friggen city. Boston is a nightmare to navigate when everything is open, close a bunch of streets and I'm not sure we could have made it without GPS.

This morning, woke up, went to breakfast with the wife, grocery shopping, now it's down to the woodshop to have a little fun. We don't pick Lily up till later in the afternoon. This day just feels weird.

That was as bad a beating as I have seen. I was fortunate not to watch it, but managed to turn on SportsCenter just as the "highlights" were rolling.:palm:

Great stats in the Times today: over 16,500 Yankee games, approximately 148,500 innings, and that was the first one in which they gave up 14 runs. :o Must have been horrific to watch.

At least my boy Timmy Lincecum had a good outing but the Giants still managed to choke in the 9th. Glad I sent my nephews with my tickets because that would have hurt also. Not as bad as 22-4 and a 14 run inning against you, but hurt nonetheless. :D