What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the weirdest two days

Yesterday, I had to take care of my brother got food poisoning and barfed for 2 hours straight.

Today, went to a facebook app developers garage party thing w/ open bar. Realized its a lot easier networking if everyones drunk :D

I was contacted via chat by someone who was on a plane that that someone was going to be somewhere close to me in about 75 minutes. I was ~100 minutes away. I got cleaned up, got the kids ready, and started a ~300 mile round trip excursion for a 1 hour dinner.

It was SOOOOOO worth it!

**BRENT**

Went for a run. Trying to get back into a healthier mode after CanJam, but it felt like I was still dragging around about 12lbs of Carl's Junior and I ended up drinking most of an excellent bottle of pinot sourced from Ken last night so ... yeah. No records were set.

I was contacted via chat by someone who was on a plane that that someone was going to be somewhere close to me in about 75 minutes. I was ~100 minutes away. I got cleaned up, got the kids ready, and started a ~300 mile round trip excursion for a 1 hour dinner.

It was SOOOOOO worth it!

**BRENT**

:confused:

Yesterday I was pulled over for illegal tints. My tints are 30%, the law is 35. I was the harassed for all sorts of other crap. There was an assault at gunpoint on campus the other day, they were probably just doing their 'detective work', though I'm the wrong ethnicity of the suspect.

Yesterday I was pulled over for illegal tints. My tints are 30%, the law is 35. I was the harassed for all sorts of other crap. There was an assault at gunpoint on campus the other day, they were probably just doing their 'detective work', though I'm the wrong ethnicity of the suspect.

Punk kid.

Not sure why they'd care about a bike visor's tint. :P

Not sure why they'd care about a bike visor's tint. :P

Heh. I didn't ride my bike today, because I'm afraid of being given shit about my exhaust.

I've had this iteration of the G20 for 9 years now. It's a teenager's car, and I wish I could get something newer, but for the time being it will have to do. Unless I start getting all sorts of tickets for it, then it needs to go. This was a warning sign, for me. I want a normal, blend in car I won't be given shit about. My dad is on the hunt now, but it kinda sucks. This car is rock solid 100% reliable, and cost me $400 6 years ago. I've gotten my use out of it, but to replace it will cost a good $5k, and I have payments on the engagement ring now. Bah.

Did they ask to search the vehicle? And if so, did you let them?

No they didn't, and I would not have let them. I know jack about law, but I know THAT is a rights violation. There's nothing in the car anyway, but its the principle.

It's not a rights violation if they ask you if they can search the car. If they do it without permission that would be a different story (and even then I believe they can act on probable cause, me no lawyer). You would have been well within your rights to turn down their search request.

It's not a rights violation if they ask you if they can search the car. If they do it without permission that would be a different story (and even then I believe they can act on probable cause, me no lawyer). You would have been well within your rights to turn down their search request.

Well I think that's what I meant. They would have needed the probable cause, and unless an uber whiteboy driving home from work was cause, they had nothing on me.

They followed me for about 2 miles off campus too, before pulling me over.

[Clef]

"Hey yo, should I slow down?"

[Pras]

"Nah, kid, go faster.

Just cause they got a badge, they could still be imposters.

Probable cause got flaws like dirty draws.

Meet me at the corner store so we can start the street wars."

[Clef]

"Hey yo, should I slow down?"

[Pras]

"Nah, kid, go faster.

Just cause they got a badge, they could still be imposters.

Probable cause got flaws like dirty draws.

Meet me at the corner store so we can start the street wars."

Toby Keith?

Spent all day looking at houses. Found a kick ass one in the country with a super sweet 100' x 50' shop. Heated and cooled. Wife doesn't like the 9 acres that would need mowing :( It also had a home theater room with and a really nice wet bar :(

Spent all day looking at houses. Found a kick ass one in the country with a super sweet 100' x 50' shop. Heated and cooled. Wife doesn't like the 9 acres that would need mowing :( It also had a home theater room with and a really nice wet bar :(

18323687meonmower.jpg

imo

Bah, he doesn't need a stinking plastic JD.

john-deere-tractor.jpg

Something more like this. 9 acres is a crap load of lawn to mow. Might be worth if for 5,000 sq ft work shop. Did I mention it also had an attached four car garage?