What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Built a gate for our deck to keep Lily safe when she's out there. Then decided that might meet rack (the flexy I built for last year's NYC meet) could use a little beautification for an upcoming little event. So I sanded down the panels and applied a first coat of stain. We'll see if it looks like it needs more stain and then I'll need to decide how to seal it.

We'll see if it looks like it needs more stain and then I'll need to decide how to seal it.

MOAR STAIN!

Today, we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday with my wife's family. The City of New York was kind enough to commemorate her birthday with a fireworks display on the Hudson, which we watched from Battery Park (i.e., downstairs).

Just returned from camping. Been at an RV Resort since Thursday. Not my style of camping but they had one of the nicest swimming pools I've ever seen. Hot tub. Cookout on the patio. Ice cream social. Game room. TV lounge. Fitness room. Oh yes, they also had campsites that weren't too shabby. One of the quietist parks we've been to, as well as one of the cleanest.

MOAR STAIN!

Just for you Dinny I did a second coat this morning. I'm not 100% psyched with how it came out, but given that it's veneer plywood I have no intentions of trying to remove it and have a second go. With that in mind I applied a coat of tung-oil based finish this afternoon.

lol i think i am far enough from you that you shouldn't worry too much... i'll let you know when im in ft. lauderdale so you can hide

Wednesday night may be the night for you to come up. I think Dom and Vicki will be available. I will let you know tomorrow for sure.

I decided it was about time that I tried the SimpleSE as a headphone amp. Other than a slightly hissy tube in the L channel the noise floor was pretty freakin low and it sounded sweet driving the HF-1s. I smell trouble...

I smell a transformer coupled headphone amp in your future.