What did you do today?

riceboy

Well actually this project was yesterday and today. It's a custom bathroom vanity I built.

Two reasons for the custom build...

1) The customers are a tall couple, so a taller cabinet was desired.

2) They have beadboard wainscoting in the bathroom, and wanted the cabinet to match.

I was able to use some beadboard leftover from the wainscoting, and some wood I had hanging around in the shop. That's why it looks like the 'coat of many colors' ATM, but it will be painted a nice creamy White tomorrow, and it now qualifies as a Green build. :) The beadboard is just an overlay on top of cabinet grade voidless Baltic Birch plywood. And of coarse I dovetailed the drawers. Finished toekick to be installed tomorrow.

This is fairly typical of some of the smaller projects that I do.

vanitycabinet0011077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0021077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0031077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0041077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0051077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0061077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0071077x80.jpg

vanitycabinet0081077x80.jpg

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't envy the summer camp counselors with, like, 200 kids inside one tennis bubble. But I'm happy to have spent the money to make that not my problem. ;D

I taught my last course at the summer camp I work for. I don't envy the counselors one bit either. :)

That will be part of the problem, I didn't catch it until I got home. It's very likely that I'm fucked.

Sweet job on those cabinets. I'd totally be all over taller counters, but the wife-to-be is 1'5" shorter than I am.

Damn! either you're quite tall, or she's quite short, or both.

Good luck on the wheel. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Damn! either you're quite tall, or she's quite short, or both.

Good luck on the wheel. I'll cross my fingers for you.

I'm a bit larger than average, she is pretty short. 6'3" and 4'10"

It's my own damn fault on the wheel. I really couldn't afford a front stand, and was not willing to hang the bike from the rafters to take the wheel off. As Hop so eloquently put it "I gave them the money to deal with it". This is just my motivation to buy the damn front stand I should have purchased with the rear. I'll have to wait until I get paychecks again, which does me no good right now anyway.

It's my own damn fault on the wheel. I really couldn't afford a front stand, and was not willing to hang the bike from the rafters to take the wheel off. As Hop so eloquently put it "I gave them the money to deal with it". This is just my motivation to buy the damn front stand I should have purchased with the rear. I'll have to wait until I get paychecks again, which does me no good right now anyway.

A bottle jack is very cheap and works just fine for removing/installing wheels. Of course, you'll have to take the plastic off. It's one reason I don't have any fully-faired biked.

Went to look at a house for sale that would have been perfect for me, save for the moss/mildew/whatever growing on the ceiling tiles in the basement.

The ceiling. :palm:

Its been a fun month.

Just tell the seller you'll only buy the house if the basement is mold inspected and remediated. Or that you want $20K or whatever off the price to get it done yourself. Worth a shot if you like the rest of the place.

Just tell the seller you'll only buy the house if the basement is mold inspected and remediated. Or that you want $20K or whatever off the price to get it done yourself. Worth a shot if you like the rest of the place.
As a reference point, I am highly allergic to mold*, and have lived in a home that was remediated of mold (?syntax) with fewer ill side effects than where I'm living now, which only has minor mold and mildew problems.

*The allergist actually told me, "you're allergic to a lot of things, but you're 4+ (off the scale) for mold -- I suspect you wouldn't be here if it weren't for that."

Woke up early, fixed the old man who lives down the street's TVs (all 4 of them, he basically gets them on the wrong channel or input) for the 5th time in the past two weeks :palm:, read internets moar, got some groceries and 6lbs of beef to make bbq tomorrow, finished denon mods, then rewired a ck2iii for 240v mains for it's new home in Scotland.

Spent the entire day flat on my back in bed.

When I woke up around 5:30 am, as soon as I stood up the room started spinning, and I felt very nautious. Same thing a few hours later, and until just about 30 minutes ago.

Found out later from the school nurse that several kids have had the same thing, and that it lasts about 24 hours. Not feeling 100% yet, but much better, and no spinning.

Woke up early, fixed the old man who lives down the street's TVs (all 4 of them, he basically gets them on the wrong channel or input) for the 5th time in the past two weeks

You're a nice guy Colin! Can I call you in about 30 years?

Went out and got a 32gb iPod Touch to replace my 5.5g iPod that I managed to submerge in Diet Dr. Pepper during my flight back from Cincinnati yesterday.

I guess I will spend the rest of the weekend trying to figure out how to use it.