What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent the last day in NC at the US Whitewater Training Center. Did some mountain biking and the family did some climbing and whitewater rafting. What a great facility they have here. Yesterday we did the French Broad in duckies which was fun.

"We did the French broad in duckies" has a funny sound to it. ;D Glad you are having a good vacation Mike.

Damn, Justin, how many are you bringing to the SF meet? And how many Double-Doubles would it take to get one? :P

i moved from the horrible cubicle in the back of the department computer lab that i've been using for over a year to a regular private office. no more having to hear the constant patter of printers. it's miraculous.

Now if the office has a basement for the overflow you're really set.

i moved from the horrible cubicle in the back of the department computer lab that i've been using for over a year to a regular private office. no more having to hear the constant patter of printers. it's miraculous.
Jesus Christ, I bet that's a relief. (And don't tell me I have no idea -- I actually had a server set in my office right next to me about 12 years ago -- it's how I got into headphones and closed headphones.)

"

Damn, Justin, how many are you bringing to the SF meet? And how many Double-Doubles would it take to get one? :P

1 10 x 10

Did they give you a red stapler too?

I swung by the Apple store only to be told that it would be 3hrs before a Genius could talk to me about replacing the top case on my macbook. Thankfully I posses an ounce of tact and managed to convince them to do it based on the keys that were falling off the keyboard and that it didn't take a Genius to diagnose that. :) New keyboard is a little weird but it's nice that it stays together.

After playing softball without injury for more than 25 years, I was taken out while playing first base tonight in a lawyer league game. The pitcher had fielded the ball and threw a bit high and the home plate side of the bag. The big lummox on the losing team (they beat us just 6 weeks ago) who hit the ball slammed into my knee from the side just as my [considerable] full weight came down on the bag. I actually held the ball until my mitt hit the ground as I was knocked down from the force of the blow, but the cuntpire called the guy safe. Not sure how that matters but it made the pain worse. She did call every close play their way the entire game. Oh well, we won our 4th straight and I played the last inning before hobbling to my car. I can't bend my knee much and not at all without a lot of pain and discomfort and straining on the side of my knee. I will likely have to see a doctor tomorrow.

And I don't really feel up to unloading the WES prototype in the trunk of my car that I was hoping to listen to tonight. Fuck. :mad:

Edited by Voltron

After playing softball without injury for more than 25 years, I was taken out while playing first base tonight in a lawyer league game. The pitcher had fielded the ball and threw a bit high and the home plate side of the bag. The big lummox on the losing team (they beat us just 6 weeks ago) who hit the ball slammed into my knee from the side just as my [considerable] full weight came down on the bag. I actually held the ball until my mitt hit the ground as I was knocked down from the force of the blow, but the cuntpire called the guy safe. Not sure how that matters but it made the pain worse. She did call every close play their way the entire game. Oh well, we won our 4th straight and I played the last inning before hobbling to my car. I can't bend my knee much and not at all without a lot of pain and discomfort and straining on the side of my knee. I will likely have to see a doctor tomorrow.

And I don't really feel up to unloading the WES prototype in the trunk of my car that I was hoping to listen to tonight. Fuck. :mad:

Yikes! Hope no permanent damage was done.

Ha, he won't need to threaten the doctor to get the tests he needs. I for one immensely dislike asshat patients trying to push my work. Not that it affects its quality, but it does my empathy. Maybe going to a good one is just enough ;D

Get well soon Al. I'm afraid you're going to need some rest and using crutches for a while. Hopefully not, let's know ;)

I swung by the Apple store only to be told that it would be 3hrs before a Genius could talk to me about replacing the top case on my macbook. Thankfully I posses an ounce of tact and managed to convince them to do it based on the keys that were falling off the keyboard and that it didn't take a Genius to diagnose that. :) New keyboard is a little weird but it's nice that it stays together.

As much as I like my MacBook Pro, the Apple Stores are a pain in the ass. One of my vent fans crapped out a few weeks ago, and it's still under AppleCare, so I figured I'd take the thing in, get the fan swapped, and we'd be good to go. I'm not within an hour of an Apple store, so I had to make special travel arrangements to get there on a weekend, so I make my Genius Bar appt. and start driving there. Traffic is a bit heavy, and I got there about 10-15 minutes after my specified time.. they canceled my appointment and I had to wait nearly an hour before anyone would even talk to me. :palm: