What did you do today?

riceboy

Biggest. Multiquote. Ever.

Indeed.

Congratulations Doug. I predict a large celebration next weekend. :P

I hope not. There are far more worthy things to celebrate. Like someone recently cutting their toenails.

Congrats Duggeh!

Awesome news, Doug, congratulations!

Congratulations Duggeh :)

Congrats Dr. Duggeh, or is it the Gin Reaper?

...Congrats Duggeh!

Ditto. A Glencairn of QC from me for another future professional added to the fold.

**BRENT**

Thanks guys. It does mean a lot to have people be pleased at the news. I suspect that there are people who are in fact more happy than I am!

My Doctorate in wood is only honorary, but from one Dr. to another CONGRATULATIONS!

I'll have to speak to the Head-Case faculty at the upcoming meeting about a chair for you in the timber dept. Your contributions to the field merit greater recognition.

Duggeh Congrats on getting into the PhD program. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I got mine.

Essentially had a great time until the last two months which without fail suck because actually writing your thesis is a PITA.

Pile higher and Deeper :basement:

I spent the day "discussing" with a bunch of other PhDs about a US Navy research program.... fun fun

I hope itll be awesome. I'm really looking forward to a retun to St Andrews student life. Itll be hard slog but hopefully all fascinating. My initial "in" was for the MRes programme, but after speaking to Dr Harris it seemed the PhD entry was much more apt.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd absolutely believe it's at 15,000ft, based on what I saw from my flight into LAX yesterday morning.

I've seen a lot of CA wildfires, but never anything with a smoke plume that large and concentrated.

from the 405 last saturday, it looked like a column. last time the fires were closer, we could see yellow smoke, this time it's white. I guess you need to be a da vinci code nut to interpret what that means. of course, everyone going north had their cellphones up to take pictures like this one while driving. (no cellphones while driving being the law... and the american credo being that laws are for other people, it seems...) but I moved into a bigger office with very powerfully overcranked AC, and I still smell no smoke. I'm just cold. well, except for my ears - kept warm by headphones...

Aw, I met that cat, that's a great cat. I hope you find her and soon, Chris.

@Duggeh: Congratulations on the future PhD. Now you have to learn the secret handshake

@Chris: :(

No mentioning the handshake! What happens in grad school stays in grad school :P

It's a bad week for Head-Case pets. :( Here's to hoping she finds her way back soon.

:(

Man, Chris, that's awful. Here's hoping your cat finds it way back home quickly!

Hope your lost cat is found right quick!

Thanks guys. I hope we find her soon too.

Edited by Dreadhead

Yesterday I set 10) 16' X 8" X 8" pilings 8' into the ground.

Today the plan is to cut saddles on the top of each, for the beams that will support joists.

I'm building a shade pergola to cover the outdoor kennels of my local animal shelter. They should have started the project in May, but at least the little doggies will get some relief in a few days.

Ate a Big Mac from last night for breakfast. Waited an hour for a train home. Began packing and checking for tomo morning. So far the balance is towards less clothes more booze. Although I was cunning and put bottles of beer inside my shoes.