What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new car for a few days. I had to explain to my almost-4-year-old that "daddy rented the car, like we rent the movies out of the box. I take it for a few days and then take it back". "Oh!"

Then I went to go pick up some dude and then we drove some more. Almost ran out of gas, didn't find the governor on the car yet (maybe in a few days), drank a lot of energy drinks. Wait... it's 5am... too many energy drinks.

**BRENT**

Yoo hoo, it's now sooner-thirty!

Heh - didn't get home till 9:30 last night so it's a safe bet I didn't get anything done yesterday. Two coats are on the cups, a few more to go before I'm happy. I'm trying to make damn sure this time that I give each enough time to dry. My hope is to get a coat on tonight, maybe I'll shoot a couple pics then. :)

some house work..added some Ceramic MLCC decoupling caps on the CS8412 and PMD100 chips in the DAC 2.0

Really opened up the highs..moar details..am amazed..cost me less than 2$.

Also populated a stat amp board.

Don't know why I haven't noticed this thread before.

Listened to some records I bought at Radio Active.

Went bicycling. Some sort-of-rude person sucked my wheel for a solid five miles without saying a word. Which is kind of weird. First off, worms go faster than I do. Secondly, as a perennial weak person, I've found beneficial to be polite and express major gratitude for any wheel dumb luck allows me to get a grip on. The person is less likely to get annoyed and drop me like a bad habit.

I got a new car for a few days. I had to explain to my almost-4-year-old that "daddy rented the car, like we rent the movies out of the box. I take it for a few days and then take it back". "Oh!"

Then I went to go pick up some dude and then we drove some more. Almost ran out of gas, didn't find the governor on the car yet (maybe in a few days), drank a lot of energy drinks. Wait... it's 5am... too many energy drinks.

**BRENT**

VJ6MI.jpg

Very nice Nate. I love how the growth rings darken toward the bottom. Good choice of stock!

Thanks Steve, I wish I could say it was an intentionally choice but it was just one of those happy little coincidences that happen when working with wood. :cool:

I do have a couple cool blanks left to turn over the coming months but right now I'm just working my way through a bunch of stuff that Ian and I turned ages ago and abandoned because drilling the cups was driving us crazy. These cups had literally been in a box since I don't know when, maybe as long as two years ago. There are hopefully two more sets that are salvageable, one of which I started reworking last week and will sink a little time into this week too. Needless to say the addition of the chuck and soft jaws was a gold thing.

yesterday, I woke up, and packed my vehicle like the Griswalds from National Lampoon's Vacation. I walked next door, and said my goodbyes to some very good people, plus Brent. Then we stuffed random kids into random vehicles, and went to eat some ice cream with analog pete and his great family. Then we sorted kids, made sure they were all in the right vehicles, and drove all freaking day.