What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upside: drink more.

Sage advice.

Went to a luncheon. Met Archbishop Dolan. Seems like a good guy. Saw a bunch of partners who used to boss my ass around. It's nice to be the client. :)

I hope you made them grovel and kiss your ring, or maybe Dolan's ring. Damn bossy partners!

I seem to have gotten a job offer today...

**BRENT**

P.S. Get better, Aimless. You're gonna take over my "drama princess" title if you don't simmer down.

w00t! Go for it slacker!

Got my notice that I passed the first stage of the Foreign Service exam, and promptly started writing for the second stage.

Took a break to drive to a 50th birthday party through the driving snow. All in all, a good day to be in Colorado, and a better day to be on the way out.

I believe it when MD is not in chat during the day....

Next week, my good man... Next week.

Well, next Friday or the following Monday.

All I gotta do now is pass a drug test (no worries) and pass a background check (which MAY have already been run). Should get my new badge made up the middle of next week.

29 months and 4 days since my last "real" job.

I hate breaking that streak... :(

**BRENT**

P.S. Kidding about being sad about breaking that streak. I'm sick of being a bum.

P.P.S. Thanks for the kind words, guys.

It went very well compared to my talk at my research seminar on Wednesday =]

From someone in the field, you have to be good at the seminars. At conferences etc, you simply cannot under-estimate the value of coming across well in spoken presentations ;)

Practice, practice, practice, and take on as much teaching as your schedule allows for. If you can keep the attention and interest of 30+ annoying first year students who couldn't care less about what you are saying, then you can definitely manage with experts who specifically came to see you because they are very interested in what you have to say......