What did you do today?

riceboy

Drove up to Tahoe without stopping, which is a first with the family in tow. Staying in a friend's condo that is at base of the lift area of Northstar so you don't even need to shuttle to hit the slopes. Daughter sprained her ankle last night in SF, so she and I are sitting on the balcony and I am wearing a t-shirt because it is sunny and not cold. Son whose 12th birthday is today is playing in the snow with sleds and snowball makers with his buddy just downsrairs below me. Pretty damn sweet setup. Oh, I will be having a second 21st A. IPA any minute now. :)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally screamed " ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuu! " due to sheer terror... :o
Awesome.

fffuuu.gif

Oh, and in answer to "WTF did you just do?" -- you stepped off a perfectly good platform, WTF were you thinking?

Yeah, I don't think I could do that.

Oh, and me: started off the day with New York bagels with cream cheese, came home, told the kitties I missed them. I think they knew.

I got pulled away before saying expressing condolences to Stretch for the hurling little traveler, and to Dan for his son's tough loss, as well as props for letting them blow off some steam in a hotel. Not a big deal but sometimes hard to let happen.

And to thrice, all I can say is "Ahhh, she's so cute!"

Spent longer than I care to mention futzing with my new OWC dual drive enclosure. Battled with Mac OS's Disc Utility. Formatted 3 separate 2TB drives. Now xferring 640GB of FLACs over FW400, a process that's going to take hours. Good thing I had nothing else to do today other than sitting around being sick. sick0018-1.gif:palm:

And congrats on the jump wrecked. Glad those two activities weren't combined.

Thanks. Hmmmm...combining those two would mean... throwing a kitchen sink down from a 710 feet tall bridge? :P

I'm too scared to even crap my pants.

Nucking Futs!

The guy in that video had the Mullet of Bravery, so it was no challenge for him.

mullet.gif

Yeah, sure looked that way. He made it look soo graceful. Mullets rawk! Not that I have one...

It was a little terrifying actually. :o

Awesome.

Oh, and in answer to "WTF did you just do?" -- you stepped off a perfectly good platform, WTF were you thinking?

Yeah, I don't think I could do that.

Yeah, seriously, I did in fact spontaneously shout out "FFFFUCKKKKkkkkkk" in utter terror right after leaping off the platform... but then at one point, the wind gushing past my face was soo fast, it just cut off my voice. I guess my face was going all flappy and shit, just like Jeremy Clarkson's face was when he was driving the Atom:

Jeremy%20Clarkson.jpg

At that point, I just STFU and broke out into a sheepish grin, relaxed and enjoyed the ride. It all happened soo fast, yet it was a fucking awesome experience. :D

As for "WTF was I thinking?"... well, actually, before the jump I was thinking "Why not? I'm here thousands of miles from home and will probably never pass by this way again, so fuck it, I'll just do it. I only live once." ...

Leaving the platform, I was thinking "Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!"

After the jump, I was thinking... "Fuck yeah, that was awesome!"

Anyways, if you get the chance, you should dew eet. Certainly a worthwhile experience IMO.

Next, if I come across the chance to skydive, I'm gonna dew eet. :)

Never been bungee jumping...... but have done a tandem skydive which was 54 different types of fucking awesome, and also did a 'swoop' in New Zealand which was pretty great too :)

Not my video, but you get the point. Instead of slowing down as you get close to the ground, that is when you are traveling the fastest :D

Must be terrifying to see the ground approach soo rapidly and then swish right by while being soo close to your face? Would love to try that.

Yeah, exactly right...... and before we went up, we didn't see anybody else do it. So it was a bit of a shock seeing how much slack there was in the cable once we were up there.

hiked the big santa anita loop, which was kind of like biting off more than i could chew since it's about a 9.5 mile trek and i've not done anything like this in years. here are some of my point and shoot photos...

SNC13065.jpg

a very cool looking tree stump -- very shroomy too.

SNC13068.jpg

after about five miles, thinking what the fuck did i get myself into... still had a great time.

SNC13074.jpg

probably the coolest looking manmade dam there and there were many.

SNC13085.jpg

this is sturtevant falls which was seriously flowing after all the heavy rains.

SNC13098.jpg

a side close-up of sturtevant falls. it's about a 50 footer.

all in all, a great day, but boy am i glad to be freshly showered and home.

Edited by 909

You're looking rugged there, David. Nice pics.

I had a day of trying to get a lot of stuff done, and accomplishing very little. I did get a teaser pico slim in the mail, which I will sadly be mailing off to Mike on Tuesday, so all was not lost. I've been enjoying myself immensely all afternoon and evening.

Got up with Lily ~6:20 and she was in a mood to snuggle (rare) so we just lazed around on the couch for a half hour or so. Then it was play time until 8 when we went to get mama up and make breakfast. Lily and I made homemade buttermilk waffles with strawberries and blueberries. Now it's time to take a walk and work off the rather heart-unhealthy breakfast. :)

I had a day of trying to get a lot of stuff done, and accomplishing very little. I did get a teaser pico slim in the mail, which I will sadly be mailing off to Mike on Tuesday, so all was not lost. I've been enjoying myself immensely all afternoon and evening.

Why so soon?

My brother in law and I, mostly him, finally got the sink and disposal working. The only leak is from a defective disposal which will be replaced under warranty. We had a bunch of issues due to moving from a two drain sink to a single drain. It's nice to have a fully functional sink after 7 days of being without.

Got up with Lily ~6:20 and she was in a mood to snuggle (rare) so we just lazed around on the couch for a half hour or so. Then it was play time until 8 when we went to get mama up and make breakfast. Lily and I made homemade buttermilk waffles with strawberries and blueberries. Now it's time to take a walk and work off the rather heart-unhealthy breakfast. :)

Since it's Valentine's Day, I was planning to spend all day being grumpy. That little story made me go "Awwwww" instead. Damn you, Nate! :Dbaby-2.gif

Woke up with a brutal hangover, then took thomas to his morning game. They won, and he played the best game of hockey I've ever seen him play, and he got a spectacular assist on the game's first goal. As soon as his shower is done, we're heading out to have sushi as his reward.