What did you do today?

riceboy

I've been sick, all day. sick0018-1.gifAgain. Sicker than yesterday, even. :palm:

I haven't left the house, but at least I have a wood stove, music, and the intertubes. I suppose things could be worse. I hear asleep.gif calling me, though.

Sorry to hear that. My own cold/flu kept staging little comebacks this month, so I think I know the feeling. Spent a couple days mindlessly replaying old video games when I didn't have enough concentration for anything else.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to figure out the paternity leave policy at work. Still trying.

Good luck with that and make sure you do your own research. We almost had to involve a lawyer with my wife's school since the HR person got it wrong, not once, or twice, but three times and finally my wife had to quote the HR manual to her and send her a copy of it.

Good luck with that and make sure you do your own research. We almost had to involve a lawyer with my wife's school since the HR person got it wrong, not once, or twice, but three times and finally my wife had to quote the HR manual to her and send her a copy of it.

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out if my case will fall under FMLA (policy here), but it's looking unlikely. Time to use up my vacation time, I guess.

My understanding is that if your wife works and takes FMLA leave than you would be ineligible. One of you can take it, but not both. Just be aware that FMLA leave is, by default, unpaid leave unless your company/employer has specifically adopted a policy for paid leave. Also, if you or your wife's company has fewer than 50 employees the company is exempt from offering FMLA leave. Google will be your friend on this but as a start you could do some reading here.

On a conference call a few moments ago, the group spent like 7 minutes trying to get someone to view the updated website, as a component was removed like 3 weeks ago that she insisted was still there.

I tried the entire time to sugguest hitting F5 twice, but no one would shut the fuck up long enough for me to get a word in. 7 minutes later she finally hears me and does it and it works.

Jesusfuck.

On a conference call a few moments ago, the group spent like 7 minutes trying to get someone to view the updated website, as a component was removed like 3 weeks ago that she insisted was still there.

I tried the entire time to sugguest hitting F5 twice, but no one would shut the fuck up long enough for me to get a word in. 7 minutes later she finally hears me and does it and it works.

Jesusfuck.

you-dont-fuck-with-tha-jesus.jpg

Evidently I effed up my knee pretty good at the gym today. It had been bothering me in a minor way for the past few weeks, not enough to keep me from working out, just annoying. Today I was midway through a 5k run, cruising along at 7.5mph when all of a sudden wham, sharp pain. I hit stop and tried to shake it out, no joy, lifted for the remainder of the time I had. Now having sat at my desk for two hours I've got a pretty pronounced limp when I try to walk. Not good.

I agree, get yourself looked at. I messed up a knee at the beginning of the month when I unexpectedly had to charge across town and back, on foot, in boots, first thing in the morning with no warm-up (long story), and spent most of the rest of February dealing with the painful aftereffects as other joints and muscles seized up one after another as they tried to take the load off the injury. Don't let this happen to you. And get some ice on it and some anti-inflammatories into your system if you haven't done that already.

That sucks about the knee, Knate. I went through a similar issue late last year. I was overdoing it on the AMT and had trouble walking for a week. It took me the better part of a month to return to the gym in a complete capacity. Since then I've purchased not one but two knee braces, as well as an ace bandage (to keep the knee brace from abrading my skin.) Best of luck with it. Knees are nice, but they seem to work better in pairs.