What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother in-law did that with a steel frame and it wasn't pretty. I can't imagine what the CF would look like :o

My dad did that with his first racing bike, old trek 2100. Didn't look too impressive, but the carbon under the clear plastic was definitely broken.

THAT IS WHY YOU FAIL

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you suck seed.

I went to my trainer. Who has moved. Right up the road from the good beer store. So now I stop there on the way home from the trainer. Which is efficient, but perhaps athletically ... suboptimal.

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking until you suck seed.

I went to my trainer. Who has moved. Right up the road from the good beer store. So now I stop there on the way home from the trainer. Which is efficient, but perhaps athletically ... suboptimal.

Stretch watch out.... it's a precarious life as a house husband :)

Failed utterly to get my glasses prescription filled. Still getting used to the idea of becoming a four-eyed freak. ;D

Shopped for electric ranges. Saw to decent models, both on sale. Is a flat top electric really worth a $100 premium?

Gawked at the new Samsung and LG LCD TVs when I was supposed to be stove shopping.

Saw a forlorn Paradigm center channel speaker on "plz take it" clearance for $50, which is less than the cost of the parts. I considered it, but I have absolutely no use for it. I might go back and buy it tomorrow anyway. smiley-rolleyes008.gif

SHIT, and I own a kickin' mono amp (McIntosh MC-75, restored last year).

Damn you Reks, you and your ilk continue to make this the worst headphone site on the net. (But curiously, one of the best speaker sites.)

Looks like I'm buying a speaker tomorrow...

Funny. If you do set up a mono setup, can you post a pic with the McIntosh?

Had a bit of a look at what the federal budget held in store for science in Canada. Seems that postdoctoral fellowships are now fully taxable, effectively giving me a large pay cut. Fuckers.

:(

Pluses:

Ordered bike

picked up new bike saddle and new 52/36 chainrings.

Won a "award" as an outstanding employee at the couple thousand employee level within CSC . At least I get a bonus.

Minuses:

Tried to install new chainrings and broke two of the weird bolts and had to make an emergency trip to the bike store where they drilled one bolt out without too much damage to the brand new chainrings. There went several hours... At least my shop took pity on me and didn't charge me.

Went to Best Buy and saw a Kuro 101FD? NIB for $3000 with a MSRP of $4500?!? They also had a comfy theater seat on sale for $350... that one was tempting since it was so comfortable. Then while leaving saw some police action outside. 4 officers dashed around while two dudes got handcuffed in the end. Couldn't leave for a while because it was right next to where we parked. =/