What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the vent pipe joint that was leaking/dripping checked out along with getting some estimates for couple things around the house. Got a good news for a change in that there appears to be no water leakage from the roof and that vent pipe exit on the roof is properly covered/sealed/etc. Basically, the leaking/dripping was caused by the large amount of rainfall in short period of time (it was classified as a 50-year rain, if I'm not mistaken).

Got the vent pipe joint that was leaking/dripping checked out along with getting some estimates for couple things around the house. Got a good news for a change in that there appears to be no water leakage from the roof and that vent pipe exit on the roof is properly covered/sealed/etc. Basically, the leaking/dripping was caused by the large amount of rainfall in short period of time (it was classified as a 50-year rain, if I'm not mistaken).

Haj, if it was storm damage check with your home owner's insurance. It may be covered and even if the physical damage seems minor make them check for mold/mildew issues.

Whipped out an assessment/document that generally takes couple of days in little under 4 hours, a result of small mistakes by few folks, including myself, culminating into a potentially big problem. Now my fingers and hands hurt from way too much typing and writing.

Still working on my presentation to an adjunct professor and my adviser. First "real" presentation as a grad student and I dont know shit!

Good Profs can smell bullshit from a mile away. So don't be afraid to say, "I don't know, but I'll look it up as soon as I'm done here"......

Still working on my presentation to an adjunct professor and my adviser. First "real" presentation as a grad student and I dont know shit!

I dont know what is your field of study is but what I like from my students presentations is to see a student who is able to ''tell'' a complete story. (Meaning) You have to show that you know a subject (the easy part) AND (the difficult part) you have to bring your own personal contribution in the critical section of your work. Profs are living to find something new coming from their grad students.

Good luck.

Amicalement

as well as seeing if the student has an appreciation of how their subject fits in with the broader subject matter of the discipline

It is always fun asking young cellular or molecular biologists what the physiological relevance of their project is - most don't have a clue. Missing the forest for the trees......

When I was taking advanced molecular genetics in, Um, 1995, I was relatively old compared to my classmates. On the first exam I was the only one who could actually solve the problem involving a dihybrid cross. I actually value both depth and breadth in my students, trees always make more sense in the forest.

Went to work. Got harassed by one of my friends about joining him on a work trip to Frankfurt next week since he doesn't want to go alone. Told him time and again that I don't have time to go drinking for 4 days in Germany. Got an SMS from him saying that he had booked the flight for me so I just have to. Currently I'm debating how I should kill him... :mad: