What did you do today?

riceboy

Serves me right for buying one on eBay and neglecting to check if the seller is an authorized dealer. :palm:

Haj, it might be a good time to file a paypal dispute.....I know you might have already left feedback but Paypal usually sides with buyers and eBay is totally against counterfeit shit so I would say you have a good chance here.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haj, it might be a good time to file a paypal dispute.....I know you might have already left feedback but Paypal usually sides with buyers and eBay is totally against counterfeit shit so I would say you have a good chance here.

Thanks. I've already filed a dispute with PayPal as well as eBay. Then proceeded to report every single one of the counterfeiter's listing to eBay.

EDIT - Crumpler USA told me that they've notified eBay as well as BBB regarding the counterfeiter.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Thanks. I've already filed a dispute with PayPal as well as eBay. Then proceeded to report every single one of the counterfeiter's listing to eBay.

Good deal....I hope you get your money back quickly. BTW, how do you like the form factor of the 6M Dollar Home? I just bought a Kata backpack for my upcoming vacation as I also need laptop and personal effect storage but I might need a sling/shoulder bag for times I just wanna lug my camera and lenses around (and maybe and iPod, portable amp and IEMs). Currently all I have is a Rebel T2i, 50mm 1.8 lens (Fantastic Plastic!) and 17-40 L4 lens.

Good deal....I hope you get your money back quickly. BTW, how do you like the form factor of the 6M Dollar Home? I just bought a Kata backpack for my upcoming vacation as I also need laptop and personal effect storage but I might need a sling/shoulder bag for times I just wanna lug my camera and lenses around (and maybe and iPod, portable amp and IEMs). Currently all I have is a Rebel T2i, 50mm 1.8 lens (Fantastic Plastic!) and 17-40 L4 lens.

If all you want to put in the bag would be the camera + lenses, I think you could get a 5MDH and it would all fit pretty nicely. 6MDH would give you more space though.

Had surgery today to remove a small piece of torn meniscus. All went well (according to the Doc) and my ACL was found to still be intact so no further surgery will be required. I feel like I've been roofied but otherwise pretty decent and recovery is supposed to be pretty quick.

I see a lot more biking and less running in my future.

Nate, missed this yesterday. Glad it wasn't too serious. You should be running and/or biking in no time.

Don't think they are counterfeit but I guess you never know... if there are then there may be quite a few other angry head-casers here as well. Mike: Did you get your yet? I cannot remember who else bought a pair.

I did but they haven't come yet. I remember seeing VPI post that he received a pair in rosewood. Maybe he'll chime in.

Watched it rain. Tried 3 or 4 different workarounds with broken laptop. Failed to copy any pictures from either camera. Didn't go out and take any pictures, either. Got mad and made a "I am disappoint" meme featuring my friend Louie. Finally heard from the sodding car dealership at 20 after 4, and got the bad news. Truthfully, I was lucky. The repair cost was only an additional $140 over the initial down payment I made before I left. Not something to cheer about, but one less thing to dread.

It finally stopped raining half an hour ago. I just took an (outdoor) shower, which was great until I turned off the water (then it was teeth_chattering.gif).

If the rain stays away tonight, I'm going to do some long exposures of night lights reflecting. No idea how I'm going to edit or post them yet. :palm:

EDIT - Crumpler USA told me that they've notified eBay as well as BBB regarding the counterfeiter.

The "seller" just contacted me saying the bag is authentic (what else is he going to say?) and he'll refund me only if I return the bag and it is unused (i.e., in unopened packaging with no removed tags).

The bag is obviously not in unused condition, and there's no chance in hell I'm going pay shipping to return the fake bag to him and trust that he's going to refund me.

The "seller" just contacted me saying the bag is authentic (what else is he going to say?) and he'll refund me only if I return the bag and it is unused (i.e., in unopened packaging with no removed tags).

The bag is obviously not in unused condition, and there's no chance in hell I'm going pay shipping to return the fake bag to him and trust that he's going to refund me.

Submit your documentation from the manufacturer to Paypal and if you think it's warranted escalate the claim.

Started my day at the dentist. Had some additional decay around a filling. Just so happened they had a cancellation and could get me in right away. I was too busy visiting with every one and forgot to tell them not to numb me. Shit. Head felt like it was half frozen for most of the day. Worse then a few seconds of zing if they don't. I work with the public and wasn't able to talk right until mid afternoon. Couldn't think straight either and I'm crazy busy right now especially since I'm getting ready to take some time off. It was a complete waste of time going to work and would have been better to just go home.

Forgot to ice my achilles this a.m. and forgot the advil/aleve as well. My head hurts. My heel hurts. I'm tired and wore out. Sipping on my scotch with my achilles iced and the scotch is having no effect. That never bodes well. Damn, I'm not used to whining . No idea it was so much work.

OK, done now. Waiting for dinner and best to take some time to listen to tunes and unwind.

Started the day needing to adjust the pumps in the basement for the water and proceeded to get drenched while doing so. Arrived at work to find leaking ceiling panel in my office, right next to one of the recessed lights.

That totally sucks. It's like you pissed off Poseidon. Hopefully things will dry out this weekend.

That totally sucks. It's like you pissed off Poseidon. Hopefully things will dry out this weekend.

bgm.gif

I work where it says "PSM" on the map and live about 20 miles to the southwest, right smack dab in the 4" to 8" of rain in the last week zone. According to one source NH has gotten 11-1/2" of rain so far this year.

The locals are considering usurping "Marthas" with "Atlantis." My neighbor across the pond has a stone bench, which is normally 10' from the edge of the water. It is now mostly underwater. My understanding is that the water will crest about 3 days after it stops raining.

The locals are considering usurping "Marthas" with "Atlantis." My neighbor across the pond has a stone bench, which is normally 10' from the edge of the water. It is now mostly underwater. My understanding is that the water will crest about 3 days after it stops raining.

Which puts us at roughly Saturday when it's supposed to be sunny and 70, you know, like typical early April in the North East.

This all gets a big WTF from me.

Had surgery today to remove a small piece of torn meniscus. All went well (according to the Doc) and my ACL was found to still be intact so no further surgery will be required. I feel like I've been roofied but otherwise pretty decent and recovery is supposed to be pretty quick.

I see a lot more biking and less running in my future.

Just saw this myself. Glad it wasn't more serious, and hope you heal up quickly. Biking or low impact might be a good idea.