What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

Just remember, from this moment on you are the only one on your side. Your agent now has a vested interest in seeing the deal close. Be very picky about anything that comes up in the inspection process and push as hard as you can, everyone else will happily tell you whatever they think you want to hear to keep the ball rolling.

and don't let anyone talk you out of the inspection. And get an inspector recommendation from people other than your realtor.

^^This and this (but especially the congrats and really, really sorry about your wallet). Also if you know anyone in the construction business take them along as they can help spot things you may not have even thought about.

Thanks all. We're pretty excited.

Yeah, we're definitely on the look out. Fortunately we have some good recommendations for home inspector... et all. We will definitely be there for the inspection and so will my father-in-law who I trust a great deal with matters like this.

swt61: congrats! I'm not surprised though, you are Head-Case's resident wood master.

Daughter needed a new exhaust on her car, but ended up not having enough money with her. Of course, the outfit (Kwik-Fit in the UK) do not have the capability to take a credit card payment by me over the phone. Go figure. Some sort of head office secrity thing.

So rather than driving to Oxford, it was a nice day so I ran in - good additional training for the London. Almost excatly 13 miles along the Thames path. Felt really good - the techs in Kwik-Fit treated me like some sort of hero when I trotted in - which was quite a ego boost.

Fortunately my daughter gave me a lift back! She's now off to visit her brother, and then back to Uni.

This was yesterday, sorry for cheating. :) Built my flexy rack and got the Menace hooked up and running. My headphone system finally has a rack so it doesn't look super ghetto anymore. The extreme bass roll off on the K1000 was really agitating me with half toe out but I liked the rest of the presentation. I tried no toe out and it helped the bass a ton but it ruined the great presentation the K1000 is capable of and sounded like a normal headphone. Full toe out rolled off really quickly. Quarter toe out seems to be very nice though. I'm going to keep fiddling around with the driver angles, but I think I found the angle I want. Bass is still kinda rolled off but not annoyingly so, the sound isn't as thin as with more toe out, and the presentation is much nicer than no toe out gives. The Menace is incredibly heavy. When I lifted it and was about to lay it down on one of the shelves, I really thought the shelf was gonna snap right in half. This is my first amp with external tubes, so the tube glow is still cool to me. :) Right now I'm really liking the K1000 out of it though.

Signed up for medical insurance this am as a free agent .... free? HA!

The only illness I'll be able to afford is a catastrophic one.

Guess I better loose weight ... saw a thread about that somewhere around here .....

This afternoon was spent going over all the programming for the Audio Precision tester ....

... fortunately aspirin is cheap, 'cuz my head hurts.

Installed a few entry doors today. That's always easy money. Going to see Clint Black tonight. :)

You are telling me. My parents are having a good bit of work done on their house, including a new front door today.

Tyll, which AP? smiley-face-drool.gif

Jeff/VPI and I went to the Giants opening day game until the 9th inning and followed the remaining four innings from City Beer where we had some Pliny but also some Burton Baton (1st for both of us). We strolled to the Haight and we are having dinner at RNM. Toronado for afters perhaps.

Just called Al to ask him to pick me up some New Belgium Lips of Faith La Jolie and/or other sour beers while he was at City Beer. Santa Barbara is a sour beer wasteland. All I've found is Monk's Cafe. Not bad but not great either.

The bad news is that Al and Jeff had moved on to a restaurant for dinner. The good news is that he'll be on the lookout for good sour beer and build me a stockpile. 8)

Thanks Al.

Jeff/VPI and I went to the Giants opening day game until the 9th inning and followed the remaining four innings from City Beer where we had some Pliny but also some Burton Baton (1st for both of us). We strolled to the Haight and we are having dinner at RNM. Toronado for afters perhaps.

Glad to hear you finally found some BB!