What did you do today?

riceboy

Spent most of the day either running new staff orientation or in meetings as opposed to doing things I need to get done prior to leaving for my paternity leave. Now I get to stay at work later than I anticipated so I can get those things done. Yes, I do realize I should be doing that instead of posting here.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got up early so I can get in an extra hour of work.

Found my car with a flat tire, only to find my spare is also basically flat (which I had never really looked at in 10 years I've had my car).

Couldn't find my portable tire inflator, so called AAA. The AAA operator didn't sound all that concerned knowing that my car in the driveway.

Called work to let them know I'll be late.

Finds the tire inflator (well, my wife did just before she had to leave for her work).

Confirmed the inflator is working then called the AAA to cancel. The AAA operator sounded annoyed about it.

Inflated my tires, which took a lot longer than I expected.

Tried to get back in the house to grab the essentials (e.g., wallet, etc.) only to find I had locked myself out.

After cursing at myself for a while, remembered about the spare key in my backpack, which was in my car.

Arrived at work an hour late instead of hour early. :palm:

Bought a couple of plane tickets (both work related though) and got a pair of Audioengine A5's in the mail... oh yeah, and did a lot of work. I was going to use the A5's in the office but decided to put them in the bedroom instead.

Nice. I have the A2s at work, and wish I'd gone for the 5s, but for their purpose, they're fine. I have been thinking of getting a pair for home for awhile.

Just found out that our health insurance plan from work changed yet again, and not for the better :(

On the good note, I had fun today at work, out of the office a lot and running around town with a coworker, laughing way too much.

Edited by boomana

Worked and then went to the first ever mini headphone mini meet in Iceland with me and stuartr. Bunch of electrostatics, vinyl, Grado's and I converted his Melos Maestrobator over to 230v. Excellent to say the least. :)

I started laughing out loud at 1:30. And 2:10 was even better.

I couldn't bring myself to do the Neti, but I found something better -- basically, it's a disposable Neti. "Simply Saline" -- it's like a saline water aerosol (not really aerosol -- "bag in a can" technology). Awesome. That'll wake you up.

I thought about getting a pair of A2's for my dad for his desktop setup. Right now he has a pair of Polk R150's and Sonic T-amp. The A2's would certainly have a smaller footprint. I wonder if they would sound better.

The A5's sound a tiny bit boomy but perhaps some isolation pads or rubber feet would help that. Other than that, they sound great and are certainly loud enough for the bedroom tv/ipod setup.

Had a marathon deposition in NY from 9:30am to 8:00, but then met VPI, The Monkey and cetoole for dinner at Virgil's. Good times and I was only half am hour late. Now finishing off the mini bar.

Good times indeed. Not so much good times in my head this morning. Totally worth it.

Shaved my head. :kitty:

WOW! Pics or ban of course.

Had a marathon deposition in NY from 9:30am to 8:00, but then met VPI, The Monkey and cetoole for dinner at Virgil's. Good times and I was only half am hour late. Now finishing off the mini bar.

me=jealous (not the depo part, the Virgil's part).

2 weeks till CJ - see all you Bozos then.

larry-harmon-as-bozo-the-clown.jpg