What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, it's hard for me to believe he's been gone over 6 years now. I'll be a complete basket case when my Mom is gone.

My Dad and I would get into these great card games, and the times I was on a lucky streak he'd get all bent out of shape. I'd love to play cards with him now, and hear him get grumpy. :)

Edited by swt61

i'm it'll be the same for me. i miss the arguments with my dad.

Apologies Reks - I must be feeling a bit maudlin. Didn't mean to bring back memories.

I often think how good it would have been to know your parents when both they and you were the same sort of age. Good mature conversation over a beer or two. As it is, when they were young, you were a kid or teen and you parents are a PITA. And when you grow up they get old and cranky, and they can still be a PITA. No good solution.

My Dad was one of those guys that could not express his feelings for his children too (except with my Sister to a degree). I never heard I love you from him or never had a hug from him. But he did show it in different ways and I never doubted he loved us.

I had been living in Texas for three years when he died, so I hadn't seen him in that time. When my Brother and I went to clean out his apartment we walked into what was almost like a shrine to us kids. A huge wall of pictures of us (very uncharacteristic for him). While we were cleaning and packing his neighbor came over. He started talking about how fun my Dad was (also very uncharacteristic). He never made friends easily outside of the family, but this guy was telling us that he was the one who organised all the parties in the building. Very strange. He also told us how proud he was of all of his kids, and that he would tell stories about us for hours. It made me happy and sad at the same time.

I've been sitting in my office, phones and computers down, all day. Since this is my last day at work before vacation, it's really frustrating, and there's no way I won't be taking work with me to Chicaco now :(

Sucks. My computer has been out of whack today too.

i've had potentially the most boring day i've ever had, mostly playing phone tag with people.

Meh. Could be worse for the first day back after a long weekend and concluding your big project last week. As your lawyer, I advise you to leave early and make yourself a nice dinner.

I had a good last day before my trip, although the temp. is already sweltering down here. I may have to buy one of those tacky '70s terry cloth sweatbands, just so I can see what I'm doing.

How does wearing a sweatband on your penis help you see? :doghuh:

Spent 4+ hrs on the phone dealing with issues that didn't exist yesterday and could have been solved in less than half the time had I been notified in a timely manner. As a compounding eff you to me I'll spend the first 5hrs on the road tomorrow morning not getting the shit done that I need to before I leave which means that returning from CanJam will be, uh, less than enjoyable.

Umm, I would not pack those winter clothes. It has been hot and humid (the humidity is terrible, but then again, I'm from CA), in the 80s with 70% humidity. I wouldn't worry too much about being cold.

According to weather.com, it's only 59 there now, and is supposed to be in the 70s in the day and the low 60s at night this weekend, with a thunderstorm on Friday night. That's freaking winter weather.