What did you do today?

riceboy

I came into work this Monday morning, only to find out that I have to work this weekend. It's no big deal, except I bought tickets to see Pavement in Chicago the very same weekend months ago. And since I've only been on the job for a week, there is no way I can ask the boss to let me off the hook on this. Fuck! :palm:

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think only being on the job a week is a great reason to ask to have it off. "Hey, I have had plans for months for this coming weekend, so if it's at all possible, I'd appreciate being able to have the day off".

Thanks Steve, as usual my dad deserves a bunch of the credit.

In other news I gave my 2 weeks notice at my job today. I was approached earlier in the spring and asked to interview for a position and finally received the formal offer letter late last week. It has been a nerve wracking and somewhat gut wrenching experience, to say the least. But the new position has the potential to be a very good career move and offers far more opportunities not to mention better benefits. Still feels like I just stepped off a cliff though, having been at my current job just shy of 11 years...

Had a fried chicken competition yesterday. Popeyes, Mad for Chicken (Bonchon), Kyochon, BBQ Chicken, and some drumsticks from this Chinese place. Popeyes is Popeyes, cheap and quick, and they had thighs and breasts, which can't be compared. Of the rest, Mad for Chicken was the best.

Congrat Nate. Never easy, or comfortable stepping outside your comfort zone. Change is good. Change can be scary.

Thanks everyone.

And Grahame, ultimately the fear of the unknown actually provided motivation to make the change. Not doing something simply because one is afraid of upsetting the cart is a good way to go through life very bored.