What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my sister's "opening" -- she has opened an artisan showcase, as well as an alpaca yarn farm thingy. Pretty cool stuff. Got to hang out with family all day in the open air on a beautiful day (it was clear and in the 60's today). Allergies are killing me now, but I enjoyed it for a time.

had a late lunch with a good friend. too many very hot wings. went for a walk smoking cigars and having a friendly political discussion. then hit dinner at a funky little mexican place with my friend and his wife. all and all, a rather nice day, stepped on glasses or no stepped on glasses.

It's when you step on a bottle then you my have something to worry about...

Oh wait, there's no more possibility!

If the Braves lose tomorrow and the Padres beat the Giants tomorrow, then the Braves finish with 90 wins are are eliminated, while the Giants and Padres both finish with 91 wins. In that case, there would still be a one game playoff between the Giants and Padres in Sand Diego on Monday. The winner would get the NL West title and the loser would get the NL wildcard title.

Thus, it's possible for the Giants to still get into the playoffs even if they lose two more games to the Padres; so long as the Phillies beat the Braves tomorrow afternoon, the Giants are in!

Thanks Wayne. It would be a bizarre and feeble way to back into the playoffs, but I have been spinning all of those permutations through my head as well. I really just want them to win the west and Atlanta to be the wild card so the fricking Padres will be out of it.

Went to the gym for the first time in two weeks... I am out of shape.

I know that feeling ;D

Started running again after four months being plagued with an achilles problem. Poured some money into my sports physio, who put me through physical hell, and I seem to be over it. Reduced from marathon and beyond distances to 2 miles with aching quads. Hey ho.

On my g/f's advice, I've handed over today's plumbing job to some Jamaican guys she knows. They're mumbling a lot in patois, so I don't think it's going as planned. The agreed price was KYD 50, which is equivalent to USD 60, to get rid on the old 80 gallon water heater and install a new tankless water heater that I couldn't figure out how to do myself. She's already whispered to me that I should give them KYD 75, and I think that price may go up again soon.

Went out for a breakfast as it had been a long while since we'd done that. This was followed by getting groceries for the week - it was weird to be done with the weekly grocery shopping by 9.30am. Spent the last couple of hours doing some edits on my pics, which just made me get really angry at my computer. My old MacBook just isn't cutting it for photo duties.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

Ooh 4 pounds. Damn skinny people. I'm getting to the point where I need to lose 40. Too much eating out, trying the many great cheap options around the college. Those options are mostly ridiculously unhealthy.

I'm doing laundry (at a laundromat) right now. I think the last time I really had a good look around the case was the last time I was here.

Things have been busy at work which is a very good thing for my wallet. I dropped about 1500 cases off my truck last week, which is about equal to my busiest weeks back in Tampa. Around 100k in billings for the company.

my mother and her dog visited for coffee and cake. we actually had a pleasant time, which is rare enough.

My mom is in town right now as well. On the way back from my sister's place in Nashville. Feel bad that I had to ask her to get a hotel but I'm in the bizarre situation of being in a house that only sleeps one.

Ooh 4 pounds. Damn skinny people. I'm getting to the point where I need to lose 40. Too much eating out, trying the many great cheap options around the college. Those options are mostly ridiculously unhealthy.

You can do it if you set your mind to it Matt. I know firsthand.