What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned home from our annual office Christmas pot luck. Good food and I'm stuffed. Mike, your chili rocks! Tried your recipe and my coworkers loved it.

Typical small business. Their annual Christmas tradition is to give a brick of Wisconsin Cheddar cheese to each employee. The lore escapes me but it goes back to a tradition started by the original founders of the agency.

Just returned home from our annual office Christmas pot luck. Good food and I'm stuffed. Mike, your chili rocks! Tried your recipe and my coworkers loved it.

Typical small business. Their annual Christmas tradition is to give a brick of Wisconsin Cheddar cheese to each employee. The lore escapes me but it goes back to a tradition started by the original founders of the agency.

Cool. Glad they liked it Al.

Sounds like a great company do.

Wisconsin Cheddar? I buy my cheddar here

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4136[/ATTACH]

An outstandingly fine non-pasteurised, 18 month matured cheddar called Montgomery. From Yeovil, Somerset Montgomery's Cheddar, world-class unpasteurised, natural cheese made by hand : West Country Farmhouse Cheesemakers : Handmade Westcountry Farmhouse Cheeses .

post-2269-12951158884525_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid nothing quite that refined. Here is the maker of the 2lb brick of sharp cheddar that we get every year.

The cheese may not be top notch, but the gesture is appreciated. My employers are throwbacks to a different day and time. They expect a great deal but pay well, offer lots of time off, bonuses, raises, incentives, monthly agency wide meals, fall weekend trip for all employees and their significant other, winter outing to an event and a summer family get together and every so often a trip to ???. My last trip was to Banff. This is my last stop before retirement unless I'm invited to leave. ;)

removed a forgotten surgical staple with my fingernails. it kinda itches.

Yikes.

I'm afraid nothing quite that refined. Here is the maker of the 2lb brick of sharp cheddar that we get every year.

The cheese may not be top notch, but the gesture is appreciated. My employers are throwbacks to a different day and time. They expect a great deal but pay well, offer lots of time off, bonuses, raises, incentives, monthly agency wide meals, fall weekend trip for all employees and their significant other, winter outing to an event and a summer family get together and every so often a trip to ???. My last trip was to Banff. This is my last stop before retirement unless I'm invited to leave. ;)

Banff is great!

You are the man! I am so impressed to see someone so giving of their time. Wow!

^This!

No I haven't, I'm not really as into doing the fundamentals as I should be... and Flesch is hard enough as it is.:) What are you doing for etudes?

I'm working that out. Probably Dont op. 38 (the easy one) or Sevcik. The Auer looks really solid in fact, I might just do that. I'm getting more motivated to get back into it...

I'm working that out. Probably Dont op. 38 (the easy one) or Sevcik. The Auer looks really solid in fact, I might just do that. I'm getting more motivated to get back into it...

I just youtubed and googled it and found nothing, and I never used the Dont etude book so don't know what it sounds like.:D In fact I've been pretty lax about etudes too, only ever learned Kreutzer 42 studies, Rode caprices, and then moved straight onto Paganini caprices. Before I started with Kreutzer I learned some beginner stuff from some shady russian scans from my russian teacher. Cool that you're getting back into it, hopefully it gives you enjoyment for many years to come.. :) You inspired me to practice some Flesch today. My constant battle with intonation may soon come to an end.

yeah, Rode Caprices is a bit above my ability. I'm looking for something between Kreutzer and Rode. Perhaps you know someone that might have a good recommendation? There's also Fiorillo, but I've never played any of those...

Here's a link to the (easy) Dont:

http://www.scorage.ru/view.aspx?id=17ADA42217F5431A9DD321D57CB66DB1

Edited by luvdunhill

As some retreated from the Midwestern cold back to the Bay Area, I headed to Ohio. So far visited with family, had some Elliot Ness beers and Dan Dees Cheddar Cheese-flavored Corn Twisters and discovered FiveFingers aren't remotely made for snow. :confused: Also Melissa and I fed some ducks.

imagenpq.jpg