What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I think my finger should heal up pretty fine. It only hurts now if I happen to accidentally touch or flex it. The only sucky part will be waiting for the nail to grow out since it was split down the middle. :-\

Of course, it just had to be on my right hand while I'm single. :palm:

Today I received and setup my Logitech Harmony Remote.

This thing is awesome, nothing like universal remotes I had back in the day.

I had it configured and working flawlessly in minutes via the PC. I love the one touch activities buttons!

Hell yeah, the Logitech Harmonys are great. My boss didn't like them at first since you can't exactly get much billable time with them, but not having to go back a million times for minor changes/updates or fixing little glitches in the menus more than makes up for it. What would be really killer is if they could get them sufficiently advanced to cope with multi-zone setups.

Of course, it just had to be on my right hand while I'm single. :palm:

The Left hand will work fine. You just have to change up your form to more of a twisting motion, instead of up and down. Was that graphic enough for everyone? :P

Hell yeah, the Logitech Harmonys are great. My boss didn't like them at first since you can't exactly get much billable time with them, but not having to go back a million times for minor changes/updates or fixing little glitches in the menus more than makes up for it. What would be really killer is if they could get them sufficiently advanced to cope with multi-zone setups.

Yeah, I'm really liking this thing! It's so nice to push one button and be watching TV.

That was one of my favorite moments in the movie. On paper, you would think that it would totally derail the emotional momentum -- it's a totally random, comedic moment at a rather crucial moment in the film -- and yet it totally works. It's like the anticlimax before a big climax on a really good Trevor Horn 12" remix.

First off Duggeh, Fitz, Brent and Aimless1 I hope you guys have all recovered or at least utilized the appropriate medicinal substances.

Also started the process to sign up to a H1N1 vaccine trial, to fund headphone/DIY purchases :palm:

I participated in seven trials while I was at UGA. Really easy money for the time and risk involved.

My wife is the hard ass at our home. When she leaves, the dog gets spoiled like you would not believe. I will be a terrible father.

I thought the same thing until our son was born. Hormones are the most powerful substances on earth and I bow to their power.

So I have spent yesterday and today learning about integrative learning. :palm:

But I did find two excellent restaurants in Atlanta. If you are looking for Sushi you shoulde definitely check out MF Sushi. the MF stands for magic fingers but nevertheless the sashimi was extremely fresh and there Sake list was longer than I have ever seen. An excellent luncheon break.

Prior to dinner I hobnobbed at the hotel bar and had two grey goose martinis that were most expertly shaken.

For dinner I went to Rick's in the City. I started with a rainbow roll. It was good but not up to MF Sushi standards. However, the She-Crab soup more than made up for the mediocre roll. I went for the bronzed (lightly blackened) Chef's seafood special. It was sea bass and was very fresh and cooked to perfection.

All in all a good food day.

Yesterday I, went to the finish of my wife's 10k, had a headphone buddy over, rode 60km as required by my trainer, moved my photo database to my Drobo (yay 80GB freed up), went to a running club party, and finally dropped below 250lbs for the first time in at least 1 year. All in all an awesome day :cool:

BTW that thriller thing is pretty awesome..:)

My streak of bad luck continues this month.

On my way to work this morning I was approaching a green light when traffic in the inside lane slowed and stopped. I slowed down from 55 to about 45 and looked for what all the fuss was about. I saw the flashing lights and heard the siren of the volunteer fireman just as his vehicle appeared in front of me in the intersection. I broadsided his pickup, spun around and came to a stop. Turned off my F250. Once I determined I had no serious injury I jumped out and ran to the other vehicle to see if he was okay. Fortunately, no serious injuries. They did transport him to the hospital as he was complaining of neck pain. Probably whiplash.

I'm sore but okay. I'm amazed that even though the front of my truck took the brunt of the impact, my air bags did not deploy. The truck was towed to the body shop. Looks like the travel trailer and pickup will be repaired about the same time ... or not. Just glad no one had a serious injury