What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reluctantly returned a 1000$ check back to my previous employer, had lunch with a good friend, went riding on an EX-500..thesis work left to round up a nice day.

More fun with home repairs... spent a few hours with a jackhammer in the basement digging up an old cast iron drain pipe that was leaking and seeping up through the floor (it was milky white while washing out a paint tray, making it pretty damn obvious it wasn't rainwater). Well, maybe leaking isn't the best word; I'm sure there's a more appropriate term for when it's completely disintegrated into fragments only several square inches in size, like TOTALLY FUCKED. And of course the bad part didn't stay in the unfinished area or the room where the carpet was already pulled up, it had to go a couple feet into the main room where there's a tile floor. :palm:

It got even more fun when I got to the part in the unfinished area where the plumbers supposedly fixed it a few months ago (replaced it with PVC from where it goes down into the foundation and about ten feet over). The iron pipe was still somewhat fragmented ALL THE WAY INTO THE GODDAMN RUBBER BOOT that couples it to the PVC. The cocksuckers apparently just went that distance they did, said fuck it, and covered it back up saying it was fixed. Oh, and I also had to unhook and move a few hundred pounds of test equipment, tools, parts, etc since part of this was right underneath/behind where my workbench is. :mad::mad::mad:

AGHHHHKDGHJAHGQEJLHJLHJL!@#HT!#%(ERHWRJKJHH@$KJG@#$KL@GJ@#!#FJL!#!#!#G!#!#H!#H

Yeah thanks dude, I did have someone to help haul out the concrete chunks while I worked the jackhammer, but at least the hardest part is done now. I'm gonna just extend the PVC from where the plumbers originally "fixed" it to the point where the old pipe actually is still okay. I still need to take the sawzall to cut off the rest of the bad part so I can finish shovelling out the debris from the hole, then it's just a matter of putting the new pipe in, attaching it, and pouring gravel and concrete back into the hole.

........We may have to completely uproot and go expat for a few years...

I'll come house sit for you. I am of course referring to the pool house with the nicely stocked beer fridge.

The news stinks; the neighborhood would not be the same without you.

Sometimes. :)

So far, nothing constructive: fed the cats, got an allergy shot, gas, some groceries, my woot robot from the post office (didn't know what it was, but it said "delivery confirmation", which I misunderstood as "signature required", so I thought it was important, otherwise I would've waited until the next time I went).

Just got in to work. :palm: