What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Neko Case show... She definitely didn't disappoint! That voice... Damn. :ian: Good stuff. No, make that great stuff!

And Calexico opened. They've been on my list of bands to check out for a while, and I just never got around to it. But I'll certainly be exploring their catalog now.

Just got back from the Neko Case show... She definitely didn't disappoint! That voice... Damn. :ian: Good stuff. No, make that great stuff!

And Calexico opened. They've been on my list of bands to check out for a while, and I just never got around to it. But I'll certainly be exploring their catalog now.

Calexio is quite awesome. Check out their stuff with Iron and Wine

OMG, Calexico opened? I love Calexico, and live they are stupendous. They never disappoint.

EDIT: Oh, it's just Joey and John. They're missing the pedal steel guitarist, I have no idea if I'd like them in the duo format. Nvrmnd.

They were still pretty good. And Paul Rigby (guitar) and Jon Rauhouse (pedal steel) from Neko's band joined the guys from Calexico for two songs which really opened things up.

Today I did some math...

It's been 903 days

or 2 years, 5 months, 19 days

or 78,019,200 seconds

or 1,300,320 minutes

or 21,672 hours

or 129 weeks

since I was last regularly employed.

Today I found out that I get my ID made up on Monday and start work on Tuesday. It's a 2.5 month long project, reasonable pay for the job, good hours (8am-4:30pm... that's considered "normal", right? I worked so many shifts that were all over the clock just to be able to work around other schedules and then on to full-time parent mode, a schedule is just alien to me), and a proper paycheck.

I'm excited.

Today, so far, has been a good day. :)

**BRENT**

P.S. My condolences to those of you who who make unemployed jokes at my expense. You're going to have to broaden your repertoire... or at least wait til February. ;)

P.S. My condolences to those of you who who make unemployed jokes at my expense. You're going to have to broaden your repertoire... or at least wait til February. ;)
From experience, they will probably change the "you're unemployed" jokes to "you were unemployed" jokes. Which are about as funny as refurbished comedy can be, I.E. not.

Check that NDA again and make sure you aren't restricted from disclosing that there's an NDA.

Did you see the story a couple weeks ago about the newspaper in England that got gag ordered to not reveal that they were gag ordered?

God bless Twiiter. It took about two hours to tweet the lid off that one.

Then the tweetfest was in the wild to be covered by everybody. I love it when stupidity backfires.

Sometimes you can beat back the hordes.

Brewed my first batch of beer in YEARS.

Belgian Blonde, partial grain brew. 7 lbs munton's light, 1 lb mixed belgian grain, 1 lb belgian beet sugar, 1 cup dextrose, plus some hops or other that's name is eluding me at the moment. I'll add the yeast in the morning, when it's down to room temp.

Hmmm, sounds good, but the sugar is an interesting inclusion. I was always taught that sugar (well, fructose in particular) was a big no-no unless you were using, say, molasses or brown sugar in a porter or stout. But I never tried to brew a Belgian Blonde either.

In any case...... do you keg or bottle?

Hmmm, sounds good, but the sugar is an interesting inclusion. I was always taught that sugar (well, fructose in particular) was a big no-no unless you were using, say, molasses or brown sugar in a porter or stout. But I never tried to brew a Belgian Blonde either.

In any case...... do you keg or bottle?

Keg

The sugar will all get converted before it's done. :)