What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

Very cool. Thanks Dusty. Just checked out Plagiarist.com :dance:

Woke up at 5am, went to work, did some grocery shopping, currently in the library to pick up a bunch of books and CDs I have on hold. Eyeing the MILF sitting at the computer across from me.

That's great Aerius. I use my library and pickup CDs and books. The library near my house is starting a Jazz collection. They have about 50 now and they have 50 more on order. There online system is great to where I am able to request CDs and then they mail me (I know I wish they had email alerts :( ), when they are in or you could check online. They also are able to bring it to the library of your choice to pickup the books and CDs. I actually had CDs and books come from libraries that were on some of the other Hawaiian island. I just borrowed these from my library:

f04cd250fca03c63bcb96010.L.jpg

51QQkv5sUJL._SS500_.jpg

64d292c008a0330f1c945010.L.jpg

And speaking of California exports, they would die for actual California sensimillia because it is so scarce compared to hash.

What is your surprise, btw, or is that a surprise too? Do all Dutch women say "Yihaa"? >:D

Al,

Up in Mayberry, I thought the export was psilocybin "magic' mushrooms?

That's great Aerius. I use my library and pickup CDs and books. The library near my house is starting a Jazz collection. They have about 50 now and they have 50 more on order. There online system is great to where I am able to request CDs and then they mail me (I know I wish they had email alerts :( ), when they are in or you could check online. They also are able to bring it to the library of your choice to pickup the books and CDs. I actually had CDs and books come from libraries that were on some of the other Hawaiian island.

Wow, so your library request system works for the entire state of Hawaii? That's gotta be pretty sweet, I can only get holds for materials held by the city of Toronto system, then again, I think we have something like 90-100 libraries in Toronto so it's a pretty extensive catalogue. It's a great system, it's really helped me explore and listen to music that I otherwise wouldn't know of.

Actually, it was "In the Beginning" from On the Threshold of a Dream. :)

Oh. Cool :).

Wow, so your library request system works for the entire state of Hawaii? That's gotta be pretty sweet, I can only get holds for materials held by the city of Toronto system, then again, I think we have something like 90-100 libraries in Toronto so it's a pretty extensive catalogue. It's a great system, it's really helped me explore and listen to music that I otherwise wouldn't know of.

Wow 90 to 100 libraries. That is great. Same here on exploring new music. The library here does have a lot of music too :). Voltron and I have Rhapsody that helps me listen to a bunch of new music as well. It is a paid service, but for $8.99 a month I get to choose from over 2 million songs so it's really good. Also, you can listen to other subscribers playlists, create your own, and share them with friends. The other thing that is great is they have Celebrity playlist, and whenever you listen to a band they have they have their influences and contemporaries so you may learn about other artists as well. Overall I really like the service

Rode the bike to work. Now I am at work. I will probably ride the bike from work, to the Relay for Life I will be at all night.

Rode the bicycle to work, now it's time to ride home. The sun finally broke through the marine layer so it should be a decent ride, maybe even a slight tailwind.

BTW, it's the last Friday of the month so it's Critical Mass in SF.

Woke up at 8AM, on a Saturday(!) Emptied all the lighting equipment out of my car, loaded the recycling in. Drove to the dump transfer station, was reminded why I avoid dump runs on Saturday. Went to the bank, deposited checks almost totaling the amount I just plunked down on 4N6's balanced 880s. Did a quick grocery run. Came home, ate lunch.

Now it's time to go get a scrip filled, then begin packing for a week's trip to the Vineyard.

Got up and went to the shopping mall today with my family. Had some sushi for lunch and later had homemade ice cream at Bubbies which is a local ice cream shop. I had the Peanut butter and chocolate chip and green tea ice cream (I know weird combination, but they are both really good). After that I brought a couple of CDs and then did some jogging on the treadmill.

Went to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) for dinner and had their pizza called "The Works". Went to the market, got the weekly groceries and even picked up something that was recommended here called, "Ben and Jerrys Peach Cobbler". Then I put my son to sleep and I'm on HC now just relaxing, listening to music :)

:o Noooo. $60USD for Behringer?!

I spent a little over $60 on the four Spanish wines for Mayberry.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3722851-post348.html

Over here that's not too bad although wine would've been better value for the money ;)

Got up at about 9:30 today. When I was taking a shower my boss called if I wanted a day off (my bf picked up so I could agree) ;D. Nice wake-up call!

At 10 the plumber arrived and took a look at our leak in the cellar. Hopefully solved it as well and took a look at certain waterpiping that needs to be extended for my new darkroom yeay!

After that some breakfast and we headed off to the "Intratuin" where you can buy stuff for your garden and bought some tarragon to add to our herb-garden and some plants with sweet purple flowers.

Did some groceries and back at home we started at the backyard. We cleaned the place with a high pressure water thing (not sure how you say that in English) but that thing is awesome! The floor gets clean and all you get is dirt; wonderful experience haha!

Did some weeding and planted the plants. What a difference a day makes :D

Still needs some paint and stuff but it's starting to look like a real garden for the first time:

nr4371backjardia1.jpg

While enjoying the view once finished I got a not so nice phonecall from a friend who I hadn't seen in quite a while, bringing the news that one of our friends from the photography class we followed together had fallen down the stairs and died last night (32 yrs old).

On top of that disturbing news it's not quite sure how she fell down the stairs. She had gotten back together with an ex who used to beat her and rumours are that person pushed her. Police are still investigating, but man...that's some sad news with a not so nice touch.

But anyways, had some nice dinner with a glass of wine and enjoyed some nice thunder and lightning in the meanwhile. Strange day full of different things. Now back behind my computer wondering what the hell I'm gonna do next ;D

I got up at 5:30, ran 2 miles, and headed to work for 7:30. I have been writing some Forth/Assembly code all day for a Motorola 9S12. I leave in an hour and a half, whence a friend wants to meet me for dinner. After that, I'll probably take a ride on the bike to the hardware store to pickup some nuts I need for a project.